Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Generate PHP Issues
Generate PHP Issues [message #1029] Mon, 06 August 2007 12:46 Go to next message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Tony,
I am making mistakes when setting up tasks (still learning) so I have problems when trying to RE-generate code. I am getting messages that taskIDs, scriptIDs and ScreenStructure files exist. I seem to be unable to delete these from within the Radicore menu system and I get messages like - "Cannot delete-Record still linked in DICT_COLUMN table".

It appears to me that every "Generate PHP scripts" action in Radicore requires 3 unique filenames: TaskID, ScriptID and ScreenStructure. The filenames suggested/supplied by the Radicore system are adequate ONLY for generating a single task of a given type. For example, if I generate multiples of the Pattern, POPUP2- Choose records (uses LIST2), the second will fail with the error that filenames must be unique.

Is there a way to delete my old tasks and menu items? Or is restoring the database to an earlier backup the only way?
Re: Generate PHP Issues [message #1031 is a reply to message #1029] Mon, 06 August 2007 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Once you have generated scripts it is not possible to re-generate them. This is by design as it prevents you from accidentally overwriting any scripts that have been customised. You wouldn't want to lose hours of customisations, now would you?

If you need to regenerate a task or script you will probably find it easier to edit the current entries instead of deleting the existing ones and generating new ones which have to be edited anyway.

When it comes to deleting entries on the menu database all the relevant tasks are there:
- delete a task from a menu
- delete a task from a navigation button
- delete a task

The file names suggested in the "Generate PHP script" function are the default names. If you KNOW that you are going to create several variations of the same pattern then it is up to YOU to alter the suggested names to make them unique. That is what it says in the tutorial.

Re: Generate PHP Issues [message #1033 is a reply to message #1029] Tue, 07 August 2007 06:54 Go to previous message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Thanks Tony
Previous Topic: Audit Logging Questions
Next Topic: POPUPs do not display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:30:50 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01097 seconds