Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Possible linux pathname bug
Possible linux pathname bug [message #113] Fri, 23 June 2006 16:59 Go to next message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
Attempting to run EXPORT TABLES with apache and mysql both running on a Linux server, I got the following error messages:
Cannot open file /projects/website//radicore//classes/cylinder.class.inc

Cannot open file /projects/website//radicore//classes/cylinder.dict.inc

Cannot open file /projects/website//radicore//classes/cylinder_fitted_to_door side.class.inc

Cannot open file /projects/website//radicore//classes/cylinder_fitted_to_door side.dict.inc

Note the double slash round the radicore subdirectory.

I suspect it is to do with linux not having disk letters "C:\", but how can that explain two sets of double slashes?
Re: Possible linux pathname bug [message #116 is a reply to message #113] Sat, 24 June 2006 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Have you granted write access to the 'classes' subdrectory?

Have you specfied the subsystem for that database? This provides the name between 'radicore' and 'classes'.

Re: Possible linux pathname bug [message #117 is a reply to message #113] Sat, 24 June 2006 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you granted write access to the 'classes' subdrectory? Yes

Have you specfied the subsystem for that database? This provides the name between 'radicore' and 'classes'.
The RADICORE code has
$subsys_dir = $tabledata['subsys_dir']
which I take to be a reference in table dict_table to column subsys_dir. However, looking with phpmyadmin, there is no column of that name in that table.
Has my setup been corrupted (possibly through other problems reported on the forum), or is this something else?
Re: Possible linux pathname bug [message #118 is a reply to message #117] Sat, 24 June 2006 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The entry in the data dictionary should specify which subsystem the database belongs to, as shown in http://www.tonymarston.co.uk/php-mysql/menuguide/dict_databa se(upd).html

This entry, in turn, points to the directory (folder) name which is used to hold all the files for that subsystem, as shown in http://www.tonymarston.co.uk/php-mysql/menuguide/mnu_subsyst em(upd).html

What are the values in your setup?

Re: Possible linux pathname bug [message #119 is a reply to message #113] Tue, 27 June 2006 05:32 Go to previous message
The entry in the data dictionary should specify which subsystem the database belongs to, as shown in http://www.tonymarston.co.uk/php-mysql/menuguide/dict_databa se(upd).html

The subsystem entry on my database was blank. Having set it, I can now export the files.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Database import
Next Topic: search criteria carry through when creating new record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 07:56:51 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01061 seconds