Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Internationalisation (I18N) » Translating to spanish
Translating to spanish [message #132] Fri, 30 June 2006 20:01 Go to next message
Ulfang is currently offline  Ulfang
I am translating the plataform to Spanish. I've already translated the screens and text part of the core modules.

I've encounter several situations:

First, after reading the internalization document, change the user language code to 'es_MX', copy the 'en' directories to 'es_mx' and made the translation. Didn't work! I kept getting the text in english. Read a little more trying to figure out the problem, and made a symbolic link 'es_MX' from 'es_mx'. Didn't work either. Then I change de language code of the user to 'es', made a symbolic link 'es' from 'es_mx' and voila!! It worked. Any Ideas?

Second: is there is a way to internationlize the 'button text' of the tasks in the menu database?

Third: What files need to be modified to translate the texts in the top left of the pages (logout, help, print, etc.). Also the link options like select-all, unselect-all, show 10...., <<FIRST <PREV (Page 1 of 1) NEXT> LAST>>, page created in ...

Re: Translating to spanish [message #135 is a reply to message #132] Sat, 01 July 2006 04:35 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The user's language is initially determined from the browser settngs, as described in http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/internationalisation.ht ml#determine.user.language. This can be overidden by setting the user's language in the menu database, as shown in http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/menuguide/mnu_user(upd) .html.

Certain common text is also maintained in files sys.language_text.inc and sys.lanuage_array.inc which can be found in directory "radicore/menu/text/en/". The text you are looking for has a key with an "xsl_" prefix as it is inserted during the XSL transformation. You need to copy both of these files to an "es" subdiretory so that you can translate the text.

I'm not sure why the language detection feature did not work first time. Perhaps if you send me your translated files I can test it at this end and step through with my debugger.

Next Topic: Running Asian Scripts in Radicore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:37:19 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01014 seconds