Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » How do you deploy your app?
How do you deploy your app? [message #1334] Sun, 18 May 2008 12:55 Go to next message
bnorton is currently offline  bnorton
By using the tutorials I've developed a basic system, so now I need to actually deploy it. I may have missed it, but I don't see anything on how you actually unbundle your subsystem from the Radicore system itself.
Re: How do you deploy your app? [message #1335 is a reply to message #1334] Sun, 18 May 2008 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The term "unbundle" is a confusing description. I assume that you mean that you want your users to go straight to an application menu instead of always starting at Radicore's main menu. In this case take a look at point 2 of http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure-faq.html #faq65.

Basically you create a new role for your users with the relevant permissions, and set the START_TASK of this role to the menu of your choice.

Re: How do you deploy your app? [message #1336 is a reply to message #1335] Sun, 18 May 2008 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bnorton is currently offline  bnorton
Well, sending the user straight to the app is good, but what would be better IMHO is to be able to strip out those parts of the code used for development only. Basically I'm thinking in terms of a structure similar to what you have with the sample application, and that way you could just deploy a leaner product. That's what I was getting at when I said "unbundle".
Re: How do you deploy your app? [message #1337 is a reply to message #1336] Mon, 19 May 2008 02:40 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
That is not possible. If you use the Radicore framework to create your application then you need the Radicore framework to run your application. The fact that some users will not be able to run all the tasks is irrelevant - even though the code may be available it is never loaded, so there is no overhead apart from the space taken up on disk.

Although an ordinary user may not need access to all the tasks in the Radicore framework an administrator certainly does. How else does he manipulate the menus? Change the security permissions? Add new tasks?

It is simply not possible to have a separate deployment of the application for individual users. There is ONE version which can be accessed by everybody, but with an access control system which identifies who has access to what. If a particular user is not permitted to access a task then he never sees its option on a menu, and if he cannot see it he cannot run it. This is how I "strip out" unwanted tasks.

Previous Topic: Using SQL Aggregate Functions
Next Topic: Multiple parent/child relations between 2 tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:21:05 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01094 seconds