Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Dynamically generate pdf layout?
Dynamically generate pdf layout? [message #1920] Tue, 09 December 2008 15:59 Go to next message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
I think it isn't possible, but I want to be sure:
For example, imagine you have a competition, and this competition has rounds.
One competition can have from 1 to N rounds.
Would it be possible to generate a tabulated pdf, in which the rows would be players, the columns rounds, and each cell the score of each player in the round?
(Before generating the pdf, you wouldn't know the number of rounds of that competition)
Re: Dynamically generate pdf layout? [message #1923 is a reply to message #1920] Wed, 10 December 2008 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You would have to decide on a maximum number of columns (rounds) which could be displayed in the report, and at runtime you could dynamically set the heading for each column. See this thread to see how this can be done.

Re: Dynamically generate pdf layout? [message #1924 is a reply to message #1920] Wed, 10 December 2008 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
That's what I tought, it's isn't either possible to hide entire columns right?
Re: Dynamically generate pdf layout? [message #1926 is a reply to message #1924] Wed, 10 December 2008 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
No, but you can have blank columns.

Re: Dynamically generate pdf layout? [message #1976 is a reply to message #1920] Thu, 26 March 2009 10:28 Go to previous message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
I achieved something similar to this by using a combination of changing the headings (as per Tony's reply) and by predefining a number of PDF reports. I then coded such that the appropriate report (based on the number of rounds calculated in your case) is seleceted to actually use. This is done using scriptNext to force the use of the appropriate output report.
Previous Topic: get calculated field from parent table
Next Topic: Use of getData_raw()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:20:10 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01051 seconds