Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Font in PDF output footer
Font in PDF output footer [message #2097] Wed, 03 June 2009 10:02 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Not sure whether this is a bug or me, but can't get it to work...

I inadvertently forgot to set the font in my pdf_style file for the footer so it was using the Times font that was already in the file. I have changed this to Arial to match the rest of my output but noticed an issue in the footer. I am outputting page numbers in the format Page x of y on the rhs of the footer, but the y value does not print when using Arial, only when using Times. The x value prints ok in both cases. The y value prints a small box (an unprintable character?)

Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2098 is a reply to message #2097] Wed, 03 June 2009 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Can you send me a copy of your pdf.styles.inc file? I need to see exactly what settings you are using so I can test them on my system.

Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2099 is a reply to message #2097] Wed, 03 June 2009 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
File is attached.

There are two footer styles -> foot and foot_letter

The one in question is the foot style - my page number output works fine when set to Times, but not when set to Arial.
Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2100 is a reply to message #2099] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could reproduce the problem at my end, and when I checked the TCPDF documentation I discovered that I should be using the new $this->getAliasNbPages() function instead of the deprecated $this->AliasNbPages property. This has cleared the problem you reported. Try the attached file and see if it works for you.

Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2101 is a reply to message #2097] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must need something else too as I am getting:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PDF_list::getAliasNumPage() in C:\xampp\includes\std.pdf.class.inc on line 1275

Maybe I've missed something from a previous upgrade?
Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2102 is a reply to message #2101] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you using the latest version of Radicore, 1.48? This includes an update to the TCPDF library.

Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2103 is a reply to message #2097] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought I was, but maybe I've only done a partial upgrade from some of the fixes you provided part way through last month. I'll download the full 1.48 and try again.

Incidentally, is there an easy way to identify only updated modules each month to save ftp'ing the whole lot?
Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2104 is a reply to message #2103] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Checking the modified date of each file is a start, but a change to the TCPDF libraries may involve files with dates prior to the last update.

Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2105 is a reply to message #2097] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK - now that I've looked I know I didn't download 1.48. I'll do the upgrade and then confirm whether this has fixed the problem - will be tomorrow now.

Thanks.
Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2106 is a reply to message #2097] Wed, 03 June 2009 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tested with the proper 1.48 upgrade and it all works ok now.

However, since my upgrade I don't think the style_custom.css in the menu subsystem is being used anymore. I changed the background colour of the h1 attribute to match in with the h1 background colour of my app (mainly for the Home Page) but now I only seem to get the default colour. Has something changed here or have I overwritten something during the upgrade?
Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2107 is a reply to message #2106] Thu, 04 June 2009 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tested it on my system and it is using the style_custom.css file as it should. Did you overwrite your file with the default one in the download?

Re: Font in PDF output footer [message #2108 is a reply to message #2097] Thu, 04 June 2009 05:08 Go to previous message
I did but I changed it again when I realised what I had done. However, when I have come to check it again this morning it's working properly. I can only assume that the page was cached so I didn't see my correction.
Previous Topic: Message Display with SUBMIT+stay
Next Topic: Bug in export dictionary tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:13:47 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01227 seconds