Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » multi-selects with dropdown
multi-selects with dropdown [message #222] Mon, 31 July 2006 15:51 Go to next message
andy is currently offline  andy
Q: I have a situation where it is desired to search multiple items from a single dropdown list.

Ex. If we have 10 depts, user may want to see reports from 3 of the departments. Currently, it seems that dropdowns don't support the "multiple" HTML attribute. Is this correct? Or is there a way?

Of course, the other side of this equation is if the SQL parsing knows to make this an "OR" type search on a single column. Ex. " (Dept=1 OR dept=2) " etc.

regards,
andy koch
Re: multi-selects with dropdown [message #223 is a reply to message #222] Mon, 31 July 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You are correct. The framework does not support multiple selects at present, so I'll see if I can make it available in the next release.

Re: multi-selects with dropdown [message #236 is a reply to message #222] Sat, 12 August 2006 10:40 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Multi-select dropdowns are now fully supported in RADICORE v1.13.0

I have built a sample into the Person screen of the Example prototype which uses a SET datatype in MySQL and an ARRAY datatype in PostgreSQL.

Previous Topic: Date format problem
Next Topic: Seeing XML files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:23:04 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00973 seconds