Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » List Report Question
List Report Question [message #2290] Fri, 28 August 2009 12:22 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Tony,

I've been studying the PDF documentation to see how I might achieve the following (but suspect it might not be possible at the moment):

I want to reproduce an existing A4 form which allows a list of exam candidates to be writen in the top section, while the bottom section contains fixed instructions and space for an examiners comments. So effectively I need an OUTPUT2 task to produce the list of candidates, but want the lower half of the form to contain a formatted section (or maybe an image of the formatted section).

Is there a way to achieve this at present? I was looking at the additional data zone functionality, but of course this assumes a DETAIL output rather than a list.

Graham
Re: List Report Question [message #2291 is a reply to message #2290] Fri, 28 August 2009 13:11 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
What you want cannot be achieved with a simple LIST view, it can only be done with a DETAIL view with additional MULTI areas. It is still possible to list multiple records in a DETAIL view - if you look at the sample invoice in the EXAMPLE subsystem you will see that this contains an area which can hold any number of invoice items.

Assuming that your database contains an EXAM table which is the parent of CANDIDATE, you will need to access the EXAM object, and within its '_cm_output_multi()' method you need to extract all the CANDIDATES for that EXAM.

Previous Topic: how can i change a textfield row into dropdown control?
Next Topic: curr_or_hist='C' and output2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:04:50 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01039 seconds