Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Timezone and Shutdown problem
Timezone and Shutdown problem [message #2294] Tue, 01 September 2009 05:13 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Tony,

I have just come across a couple of things with timezones and shutdown.

Firstly, the shutdown warning time seems not to be having any effect. I tried setting a shutdown for later today with a 30min warning, and the shutdown message is displayed all the time regardless of time.
[Playing with this further I think I have just realised my mistake. The shutdown warning is an actual time - for some reason I thought it was a duration!]

Secondly, the timezone of the user setting the shutdown is ignored on input, yet taken into account when the shutdown is displayed. The inconsistency is confusing but workable if you are aware it will happen (means you have to enter the times according to the server timezone at the moment).

Graham

[Updated on: Tue, 01 September 2009 05:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Timezone and Shutdown problem [message #2295 is a reply to message #2294] Tue, 01 September 2009 05:55 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
(1) The SHUTDOWN WARNING is an actual time and not a duration, as noted in the documentation in FAQ55 and mnu_control(upd3).

(2) The timezone conversion only works on datetime fields, not times without dates, as the time may alter depending on the actual date. All times are therefore taken as the server time and not converted from the client time. This is as documented.

Previous Topic: Recover Password is encrypted
Next Topic: Login by email - case sensitivity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 02:08:21 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00999 seconds