Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » USER Management (How to register a user without being logedin)
USER Management [message #2349] Sat, 07 November 2009 10:33 Go to next message
matjung is currently offline  matjung
Hi all,

I have started to explore the abilities of RADICORE for less than 2 days.

In general I am completely happy with the user management system, but as I don't want to add all users manually, I would like to have a solution so that a non-user can apply/register for a user account at the login screen.
If another user approves this request, then the user is created and can login to the system.

I was thinking about using the IS_DISABLED field in table USER for this functionality.

If the non-users clicks on register then an entry is created in the USER table with IS_DISABLED=true.

In form List User I would add a button for "list disabled users".
By clicking on select all I would enable these users.

If possible, I would also send an email to the user telling him, that he can start to work with the system.

I guess I am not the first one, who could need this function.

If you have experience in customizing radicore in this way, please tell me.

Thank You

Matthias

Re: USER Management [message #2350 is a reply to message #2349] Sat, 07 November 2009 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matjung is currently offline  matjung
Hi all - No.2

By now, I have achieved to get a button
List Disabled Users
and this list works Razz

From what I read in another thread, I should use MULTI1 or MULTI2 instead of LIST1.

Lets find out if that's doing the mass updates.
Re: USER Management [message #2351 is a reply to message #2349] Sat, 07 November 2009 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Nobody has ever asked for this functionality as the number of users who are allowed to access the system is generally quite small - just the members of staff who need to maintain the data - so the effort in manually entering the details of each user is also small.

The idea that unknown users can register themselves goes against Radicore's security philosophy, so I see no reason to implement such a feature.

Re: USER Management [message #2352 is a reply to message #2350] Sat, 07 November 2009 12:21 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Once you have a screen called 'List Disabled Users' I presume you want to select a number of entries, then press a navigation button to unset the 'is_disabled' flag for each of these selected users. If you don't want this update task to have a visible screen then may I suggest the Update4 pattern.

Previous Topic: Bug???
Next Topic: SUM(price)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:42:04 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01154 seconds