Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » Auto populate dict columns
Auto populate dict columns [message #2353] Sat, 07 November 2009 12:44 Go to next message
ljkbrost is currently offline  ljkbrost
Hi,

It would be nice if the system could automatically create the correct column settings for those columns with special meaning within in the system.

For example if a table has created_date, created_user, revised_date, or revised_user, the defaults would be applied to the column. Particularily the nosearch, noedit, and auto update options.

This would save a bunch of click when setting up new tables.

Cheers,

Kyle Brost
----
www.softelephant.com
Re: Auto populate dict columns [message #2354 is a reply to message #2353] Sat, 07 November 2009 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I cannot guarantee that you will use exactly the same field names as those, so I don't default any properties based on field names.

When I create new tables containing those fields I use my database admin tool (usually phpMyAdmin) to run script radicore\dict\sql\update_created_date.sql which sets these properties automatically.

Re: Auto populate dict columns [message #2355 is a reply to message #2354] Sat, 07 November 2009 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ljkbrost is currently offline  ljkbrost
That's a helpful script!

But... Don't you have the name the fields exactly as you for the framework to do the work? I can't change created_user to created_uid.
Re: Auto populate dict columns [message #2356 is a reply to message #2355] Sat, 07 November 2009 15:47 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You can call the fields whatever you like. It's the properties that you give the field that tells the framework what to do with it, not the name.

Previous Topic: Anonymous browsing
Next Topic: MYSQL Configuration Options
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:43:47 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01114 seconds