Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Sablotron / Unrecoverable error
Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #244] Fri, 25 August 2006 16:15 Go to next message
DocDay is currently offline  DocDay
Hello:

This issue only occurs when I click on Home / Prototypes / Example System / Option

The result is:

Quote:

This application has encountered an unrecoverable error
The following has been reported to the administrator:

2006-08-25 15:14:37
Fatal Error: Error Number 3, Level 0, Fields:
msgtype => error
code => 2
module => Sablotron
URI => arg:/xml
line => 44
msg => XML parser error 4: not well-formed (invalid token) (# 256).

Error in line 1172 of file '/home/op/public_html/radicore/includes/include.xml.php4.inc '.

Script: /radicore/xample/option_list.php

User Id: MGR

Remote Address: 71.206.151.60

Request URI: /radicore/xample/option_list.php?session_name=menu0

Perhaps this is a PHP build/configuration issue. My PHPinfo is at http://www.on-piste.com/radicore/phpinfo.php

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks. Smile

Doc
Re: Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #245 is a reply to message #244] Fri, 25 August 2006 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
This sounds like a problem with some data in the XML file, probably because of a different character set. Can you send me the XML file that was being used? See here http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure-faq.html #faq51 for instructions on how to get all XML documents written to disk to aid debugging.

In the mean time you could use your database admin tool to delete the few entries on the x_option table that have accented characters.

Re: Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #248 is a reply to message #245] Fri, 25 August 2006 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your quick reply. Cool

As you predicted, removing the accented characters from the table worked around the problem. Razz

As you requested, the option_list.php.xml file is attached.

Thanks.

Doc
Re: Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #249 is a reply to message #248] Fri, 25 August 2006 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That file definitely contains corrupt characters as IE cannot load it. But when I look at it with wordpad it shows exactly the same characters as I have on my two PCs, and which work OK.

What version of MySQL are you using? What character sets?

Re: Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #250 is a reply to message #249] Fri, 25 August 2006 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Attached is a zip containing three files which I hope will answer your questions.

Thanks. Razz

Doc
Re: Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #251 is a reply to message #250] Sat, 26 August 2006 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot see any problem there.

I cannot reproduce the fault on my system. I can view and enter data with accented characters without any problem.

Can you use the 'add' screen to enter data with accented characters? Can you then see them in the 'list' screen? If you can then it means that the data was probably corrupted when it was first loaded. I shall remove those entries from the initial sql load file.

Re: Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #253 is a reply to message #251] Sat, 26 August 2006 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can add and view special characters with no trouble at all.

I'm running on a shared public Linux server now, but plan to install on my new WAMP5 local installation soon. What are my chances of seeing the same behavior there? What kind of server setup do you develop and test on?

Thanks again for your prompt help. Your availability is impressive! Very Happy

Doc
Re: Sablotron / Unrecoverable error [message #254 is a reply to message #253] Sat, 26 August 2006 06:47 Go to previous message
If you set default_charset = "utf-8" in your php.ini file, and set the database character set to "utf-8" you should not have any problems.

Previous Topic: Menu System / Subsystem
Next Topic: DOM XML error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:25:35 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01122 seconds