Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Workflow » creating a system that uses workflow
creating a system that uses workflow [message #1308] Sat, 05 April 2008 17:41 Go to next message
ashmuw is currently offline  ashmuw
Hi I am really new to this and in need of help. After I have defined my tables and workflow, how do I get it to work together? Is there an example I can be able to see how the two connect together to make a proper system?
Thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2008 17:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: creating a system that uses workflow [message #1309 is a reply to message #1308] Sun, 06 April 2008 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
In the 'workflow' folder there is a subfolder called 'docs' which contains a file called 'workflow-examples.html'. Just click on this and you will see some examples which require the use of the 'example' subsystem.

The 'workflow' database contains 5 sample workflows, but only one of those can be made active at any one time. Anything with an end_date which is in the past is inactive, so simply remove the end_date of the one you want to test and off you go.

Take a look at http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure-faq.html #faq67

Re: creating a system that uses workflow [message #2604 is a reply to message #1308] Wed, 18 August 2010 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christophed
Hi Tony,

I am also testing the workflow subsystem. I have only one workflow (named = "This is a test of a simple sequence") with no end date, while all other workflows have a past end date.

Nevertheless, I see nothing to create a case (an instance of this workflow).

I have read http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/workflow.html + the page radicore/workflow/docs/workflow-examples.html. I have installed the XAMPLE subsystem, I have amended the methods insertRecord and updateRecord, but I can't find anything anywhere to create a case.

So my question is simple: how do you launch the creation of a case on a specific workflow?

Thank you for your help.

Christophed
Re: creating a system that uses workflow [message #2605 is a reply to message #2604] Wed, 18 August 2010 10:24 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Each workflow process has a Start Task which, when run, will start a new workflow instance (case). A new case will only be started when you run the specified Start Task.

All the sample workflows which I created use the same Start Task, which is "Add Person". This means that after logging on to the Radicore system you must navigate to Home=>Proto=>Example System=>List Person, then press the "New" button in order to run "Add Person". It's as simple as that.

Why did you modify insertRecord() and updateRecord()? This is not necessary. You do not have to modify any code to run the Workflow system - you just create a workflow, then run the Start Task for that workflow to create a case.

Previous Topic: AUTO transitions
Next Topic: Using Pipe3 to model workflow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:36:49 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07860 seconds