Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Running a Workflow
Running a Workflow [message #2606] Mon, 23 August 2010 06:14 Go to next message
sukshi is currently offline  sukshi
The first task I want to do is , say add a student, i specify everything, validate the workflow and begin.
Then, if i click on add a student, which begins a new workflow case, if all the fields to be filled in are compulsory then i fill it and say add_a_person (manual). Now the task of adding the person with the id that i have already added comes on my home page.

Now, i can do nothing with it, since i have already added it which had inturn triggered the workflow, the task remains ever pending and the workflow does not move on.

I didnot exactly get how it will be working if i set the transition to be "automatic".

I must be going wrong somewhere. Please help!
Re: Running a Workflow [message #2607 is a reply to message #2606] Mon, 23 August 2010 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Is "add_a_person (manual)" in the workflow? What is the relationship between "add_a_person" and "add_a_student"?

If you look at http://www.radicore.org/demo/workflow/docs/workflow-examples .html you will see that I have documented the workflow examples that exist in the workflow database. This means that you can activate any one of these workflows and test them out for yourself.

If you look at example #1 you see that a new workflow case is created whe you run "Add Person", and this will immediately place "Add Person Address" in the queue. This will appear in the Menu/Home Page as a prompt, and when this is completed it will place "Update Person Address" in the queue. When the last task is completed the workflow case will be closed.

How have you set up your workflow, and what do you expect to happen?

Re: Running a Workflow [message #2608 is a reply to message #2607] Mon, 23 August 2010 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sukshi is currently offline  sukshi
Well by Add_a_person or add_a_student i meant the same thing.Any "add" thing which is a task in my workflow. And i set it to manual.
Now i have two doubts -
1.What exactly will happen if i set Add_a_Student as "automatic". Since, anyway I have to fill in it the fields manually (which are say roll_num,course_id).
2.If this is set to manual, then when i click on add a new student, and fill in the necesaary fields roll_num and course_id, since it is manual it appears on my home page as a workflow item to be "added", when it has been already added. So here is where I get stuck. I do not know how to make it move forward!

Re: Running a Workflow [message #2609 is a reply to message #2608] Mon, 23 August 2010 10:37 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
"add_a_person" and "add_a_student" are NOT the same thing. If you have two tasks set up with different names then they are different tasks.

If you read the documentation you will see that a workflow case is created whenever you run the "start task" in an active workflow. This will then enable the first task within the workflow. When the last task has been run the case will be closed.

The "start task" within a workflow should *NEVER* appear as a task within a workflow, otherwise you will be forever creating workflows and no getting anywhere.

If you want to know the difference between "manual" and "automatic" please read the documentation.

What tasks do you have in your workflow? What does each task do?

Previous Topic: delete record
Next Topic: link sign
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:48:38 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01009 seconds