Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Changing screen names  () 1 Vote
Changing screen names [message #2762] Mon, 25 July 2011 14:39 Go to next message
grim is currently offline  grim
This is going to seem quite trivial in the overall scheme of things but as I said before, I am new to this and basically starting at the beginning and working my way though things.

I would like to change the heading on my screens. I have seen how to do it in Tutorial 2 but it doesnt seem to work.

I have been to Menu System : Task (Proc) and changed the description of the proc. When I run the task I still get the script ID showing up.

I also wanted to change the button text so I changed that in the same place in the field "button text". That didnt work either.

I then went to Navigation Button 1 for the calling task (a list 1 item) and changed it there. That worked fine.

Am I changing the description in the wrong place and what is the function of the "button text" field text.

Thanks and regards

Graham Jones
Re: Changing screen names [message #2763 is a reply to message #2762] Tue, 26 July 2011 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you read the tutorial carefully you will see that the text is actually obtained from a file called 'language_text.inc' and not from the database. This is part of the internationalisation feature which allows you to have different translations in different language subdirectories.

After changing the database you must run the Export Subsystem function in order to create the file named '<subsys_dir>/text/<subsys_id>.menu_export.txt'. You can then extract the relevant portions and copy them to your 'language_text.inc' file.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 December 2012 05:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Changing screen names [message #3262 is a reply to message #2763] Sun, 30 December 2012 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
markcarranza is currently offline  markcarranza
link above fix: Export Subsystem
Re: Changing screen names [message #3265 is a reply to message #3262] Mon, 31 December 2012 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for spotting that. The link has been fixed.

Re: Changing screen names [message #3280 is a reply to message #2763] Fri, 04 January 2013 02:10 Go to previous message
This behaviour has changed as of version 1.77.0 - the screen title for each task will now be taken directly from the database instead of the language_text.inc file. Foreign language versions will be obtained from the new MNU_TASK_ALT table.

Previous Topic: Dropdown Lists on Rowdata
Next Topic: Missing Multi2 column + debug tips + modify dbObject by task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:01:26 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01084 seconds