Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » sql import errors on PostgreSQL 8.1
sql import errors on PostgreSQL 8.1 [message #381] Wed, 08 November 2006 11:07 Go to next message
mitjok is currently offline  mitjok
Upgrading from version 1.16 to 1.17 on PostgreSQL 8.1

While importing radicore/menu/sql/menu.menu_export.sql, as stated in in release announcement, have the following errors:

ERROR: syntax error at or near "," at character 234
LINE 1: ...05 17:20:23', 'AJM', '2005-07-14 17:02:12', 'AJM'),('SYSTEM'...
^

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but multiple-row VALUES clauses will be introduced in PostgreSQL 8.2, which currently is in the development.

psql:/menu.menu_export.sql:195: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "mnu_subsystem_pkey"

I manually took difference of the menu.menu_export.sql of ver. 1.16 and 1.17 and imported in my project.

The same problem I expect with /dict/sql/dict.menu_export.sql

Is there any other way, as to make these changes manually?

Thanks in advance!
Re: sql import errors on PostgreSQL 8.1 [message #383 is a reply to message #381] Wed, 08 November 2006 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
That's the problem with those PostgreSQL developers - they like to crow about how MySQL is a "toy database" that does not follow the SQL standards, yet they fail to provide a working implementation of it themselves. What a bunch of oiks! It's small wonder that MySQL is much more popular.

As PostgreSQL does not support REPLACE INTO you will have to use the subsystem ERASE feature to delete the current database entries before using the scripts to INSERT.

Unfortunately you will have to edit the files manually to insert each record one at a time.

Re: sql import errors on PostgreSQL 8.1 [message #390 is a reply to message #381] Thu, 09 November 2006 06:02 Go to previous message
mitjok is currently offline  mitjok
I attache the modified file in case some one need it.
Thanks again for the quick reply!
Previous Topic: File Include problem
Next Topic: New Install Logon Failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:01:00 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00969 seconds