Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Menu and Security » Login problems
Login problems [message #410] Thu, 16 November 2006 22:55 Go to next message
kumar is currently offline  kumar
Hi ,
i am trying to setup Radicore on my laptop and i am running into this problem

Fatal Error: Object of class mysql could not be converted to string (# 4096).

Error in line 284 of file 'C:\wamp\www\wamp\radicore\includes\dml.mysqli.class.inc'.

Script: /wamp/radicore/menu/logon.php

User Id: MGR

Remote Address: 127.0.0.1

Request URI: /wamp/radicore/menu/logon.php

can some one help please
Re: Login problems [message #411 is a reply to message #410] Fri, 17 November 2006 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
That line is trying to call $this->connect() within the getData() method, and is failing for some reason. The error message you are seeing should not be a fatal error as the code should continue into the error handler. Have you looked in the errorlog.html file for an error message? Have you tried stepping through with a debugger to see what response is being returned from MySQL when trying to connect?

Re: Login problems [message #414 is a reply to message #411] Fri, 17 November 2006 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumar is currently offline  kumar
thanks for the response.
Here is the thing, I wrote application for a company , in a crude manner with out any framework, as the day in day out enhancements are going on , it has become a messy job , so i was trying to find a framework, thats when i ran into ruby and radicore, i did not like ruby because it does not give me much flexiblity.

what kind of debugger is best, i have never used any IDE for PHP programming.

thanks again for your help on this.

thanks
kumar
Re: Login problems [message #415 is a reply to message #414] Fri, 17 November 2006 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take a look at http://www.php-editors.com/review/ for a full list of IDEs for PHP.

I used to use PHPEdit from http://www.waterproof.fr/, but now I use Zend Studio from http://www.zend.com/products/zend_studio. Both allow debugging through the browser.

You can be MUCH more productive with a proper IDE than you can with a plain vanilla text editor, and as far as I am concerned an interactive debugger is worth its weight in gold as it allows you to track down errors in a fraction of the time. My time is worth money, and a debugger saves me time.

Re: Login problems [message #2597 is a reply to message #415] Tue, 10 August 2010 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christophed
Hello, I also had the same problem.
I found that the password given for the user DEMO in the table mnu_user was wrong. The password is not demo, but password.
You can see that using the decrypt method of the object $crypt_obj in the file logon.class.inc.

Christophed
Re: Login problems [message #2598 is a reply to message #2597] Tue, 10 August 2010 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christophed
For your information, all the passwords given in the mnu_user table are "password".

You can check that including the following code in the logon.class.inc page:

$logon_user_id='AJM'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, 'N0GxJ{(,:aR9]lDE'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='DEMO'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, 'vAM`b|5H2(E-|xLI'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='FB'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, ';Rc_Gx(3~XPrAZCD'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='JS'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, ';,SA1Qo08{(lk.Y-'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='MANAGER'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, 'Y3YP&CWh;HW`+5N`'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='MGR'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, 'Nz-3jN6+lK@Ii^DE'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='READONLY'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, 'QRDpjDD7=%1(X?zx'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='SURVEY'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, '+wwjJMgFAuJ(1$qS'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='SURVEY1'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, 'Y74z}`oqp)*8URO-'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='USER1'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, '$Y/R7/=t8_W98TI('); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='USER2'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, '$Y/R7uD,DS=6R,a?'); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");
$logon_user_id='USER3'; $logon_password = $crypt_obj->decrypt($logon_user_id, '$Y/R75pZ~Uy#iyF='); trace ("$logon_user_id/$logon_password");

That will give you:

AJM/password
DEMO/password
FB/password
JS/password
MANAGER/password
MGR/password
READONLY/password
SURVEY/password
SURVEY1/password
USER1/password
USER2/password
USER3/password

(I lost 3 days on this.)
Hope that will help.

Christophed
Re: Login problems [message #2599 is a reply to message #2598] Tue, 10 August 2010 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christophed
I also remark that the very first connection attempt fails without any error.
We can see that it adds an SQL record:
INSERT INTO `php_session` (`session_id`, `user_id`, `date_created`, `last_updated`, `session_data`) VALUES
('95mfoph9dpf2jfetkntk2qc3f1', 'UNKNOWN', '2010-08-10 11:20:22', '2010-08-10 11:20:22', 'log_sql_query|b:0;timezone_server|s:12:"Europe/Paris";XSLT_client_side|s:3: "off";css_file|s:7:"default";rdcaccount_id|N;default_language|s:2: "en";user_language_array|a:2:{i:0;a:4:{i:0;s:5:"en-us";i:1;s:2: "en";i:2;s:31:"English (United States) [en_US]";i:3;s:7:"English";}i:1;a:4:{i:0;s:2:"en";i:1;s:2: "en";i:2;s:12:"English [en]";i:3;s:7:"English";}}supported_languages|a:5:{s:2:"de ";s:2:"DE";s:2:"en";s:2:"EN";s:5:"en-ie";s:5:"EN-IE ";s:5:"en-us";s:5:"EN-US";s:2:"sv";s:2:"SV";}user_language|s:5: "en_us";log_xml_document|b:0;pages|a:1:{s:15:"/menu/logon.php ";a:4:{s:7:"task_id";s:5:"logon";s:10:"task_array";a:1:{s:5: "logon";b:1;}s:5:"logon";a:1:{s:12:"script_count";i:1;}s:10: "pattern_id";s:5:"logon";}}rowsperpage|i:10;page_stack|a:0:{}');

Just log once again and the problem disappears.

Christophed
Re: Login problems [message #2600 is a reply to message #2597] Tue, 10 August 2010 06:07 Go to previous message
The script mnu-user.sql is quite old, and I had failed to realise that all the passwords were set to 'password'. I shall change the DEMO password to 'demo' in the next release.

FYI the installation instructions say that after installing Radicore onto your own server you should use the combination MGR/password to log on. This gives you administrator privileges and allows you access to every part of the system whereas the DEMO user is quite restricted.

If you want to see the current unencrypted user passwords then follow this procedure:
(1) Logon as an administrator.
(2) Go to Update Menu Control data and set Hide Passwords? to 'No'.
(3) Go to Enquire User and you will see the password in plain text.

Previous Topic: Jump Control
Next Topic: Difference
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:26:34 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03235 seconds