Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Internationalisation (I18N) » How Radicore can overcome apparent shortcomings of PHP to handle Unicode?
How Radicore can overcome apparent shortcomings of PHP to handle Unicode? [message #4426] Sat, 02 August 2014 16:45 Go to next message
SupportopenSource is currently offline  SupportopenSource
Please let me know:

1-
How Radicore can overcome apparent shortcomings of PHP to handle Unicode?

2-
How difficult it is to use Radicore in Urdu language? Urdu is written from right to left.

Thank you.
Re: How Radicore can overcome apparent shortcomings of PHP to handle Unicode? [message #4427 is a reply to message #4426] Sun, 03 August 2014 04:24 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I only do what PHP allows me to do, nothing special. I set "default_charset=UTF-8" in my php.ini file, setting all my database tables and columns to unicode, and use UTF-8 for my database connection. All the text files which hold translatable text must be stored in unicode.

Radicore has been used with asian languages such as Chinese, Japanase, Korean, Thai, Mongolian. I personally haven't used it on any right-to-left languages, but isn't that handled by the dir tag in the HTML document?

Previous Topic: Title not translated when accessing the system
Next Topic: Introduction to Internationalisation within Radicore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:01:03 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00982 seconds