Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » New record not shown when using ADD2 from MULTI2
New record not shown when using ADD2 from MULTI2 [message #4626] Sun, 16 November 2014 14:47 Go to next message
kong is currently offline  kong
After submitting a new record via ADD2 task from MULTI2 pattern, the screen jumps back to the MULTI2 screen. However, the newly added record is not listed. A manual refresh of the browser is required for the new record to be listed in the INNER portion of the MULTI2 screen.

This is in contrast to for example when submitting a new record via ADD2 task from LIST2 pattern, the screen jumps back to LIST2 and correctly shows the newly added record in the INNER portion of the screen without manual refresh.
Re: New record not shown when using ADD2 from MULTI2 [message #4627 is a reply to message #4626] Mon, 17 November 2014 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I cannot reproduce this fault. I have tried it with a MULTI2-ADD2 combination that exists in Radicore (Maintain Menu Items (1)' and after adding a new record via the ADD2 task the MULTI2 screen is automatically rebuilt to show the new record.

Re: New record not shown when using ADD2 from MULTI2 [message #4628 is a reply to message #4627] Tue, 18 November 2014 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the case you referred to is MULTI2-ADD3 combination rather than MULTI2-ADD2.
Actually, in all of Radicore system I only found 2 cases of MULTI2 and both of them have ADD3 buttons to choose and link a record.

What I did was create a simple test case:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mother` (
`mother_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `mother_name` varchar(11) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `infant` (
`infant_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `mother_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `infant_name` varchar(3) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

with data:
INSERT INTO `mother` (`mother_id`, `mother_name`) VALUES
(1, 'a'),
(2, 'b');
INSERT INTO `infant` (`infant_id`, `mother_id`, `infant_name`) VALUES
(1, 1, 'a1'),
(2, 1, 'a2'),
(3, 2, 'b1'),
(4, 2, 'b2'),
(7, 1, 'a3'),
(8, 1, 'a4');

1. Import the tables into Radicore
2. Setup the parent relationship between mother and infant
3. Create LIST1 for mother
4. Create MULTI2 for infant, choose mother as outer table and choose ADD2/DEL1 option for child form
5. Link MULTI2 infant as navigation button for LIST1 mother
6. Then go to LIST1 mother, select a record, click MULTI2 infant button
7. Then click ADD2 button, type name for new infant, click submit
8. Now, on the MULTI2 screen, the new infant does not appear on the list of infants.
9. Hit submit or browser refresh and now the new infant shows up on the MULTI2 screen.
Re: New record not shown when using ADD2 from MULTI2 [message #4629 is a reply to message #4627] Tue, 18 November 2014 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
---

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 08:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New record not shown when using ADD2 from MULTI2 [message #4630 is a reply to message #4629] Wed, 19 November 2014 09:30 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Updated script attached.

Previous Topic: Missing scroll bar
Next Topic: Error with bitwise operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:57:40 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00985 seconds