Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » How to bulk import my users into Radicore? (mnu_user.user_password is encrypted with...???)
How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4826] Fri, 10 July 2015 18:21 Go to next message
rafs is currently offline  rafs
In my old schema I have a 'users' table which was linked to the 'created_at', and 'updated_at' fields of almost every table in the database.

(1) In my RADICORE implementation, will I need to rename my table fields to 'created_date', 'revised_date', 'created_user', 'revised_user', in order to work seemlessly with the RADICORE auto-insert methods?

(2) If I want to do a bulk import of my user records directly in mnu_user table, what is the hashing algorithm used before storing, and after loading?

Thanks.
Re: How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4827 is a reply to message #4826] Fri, 10 July 2015 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nevermind. I will just use the 'password' <==> 'Nz-3jN6+lK@Ii^DE'; and have users update them as needed.
Re: How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4828 is a reply to message #4827] Fri, 10 July 2015 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
However, still hoping to hear back on (1).
Re: How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4829 is a reply to message #4828] Fri, 10 July 2015 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After importing all of my user records directly into mysql mnu_user table, I am unable to login with one of the new users. I have set the user to have "GLOBAL ACCESS" and set is_disabled to N. The user_password is Nz-3jN6+lK@Ii^DE. When I try to logon I get 'Security violation.'
Re: How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4830 is a reply to message #4829] Fri, 10 July 2015 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, my User Id is a number '123' since all the data I am importing from the other tables will be linked to this. Could this be the problem?
Re: How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4832 is a reply to message #4826] Sat, 11 July 2015 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
rafs wrote on Fri, 10 July 2015 23:21
In my old schema I have a 'users' table which was linked to the 'created_at', and 'updated_at' fields of almost every table in the database.

(1) In my RADICORE implementation, will I need to rename my table fields to 'created_date', 'revised_date', 'created_user', 'revised_user', in order to work seemlessly with the RADICORE auto-insert methods?

(2) If I want to do a bulk import of my user records directly in mnu_user table, what is the hashing algorithm used before storing, and after loading?

Thanks.

(1) Surely you mean that the 'user_id' column is linked to the 'created_user' and 'revised_user' columns? You cannot link a user_id column to columns containing dates.

Although I have a 'created_user' and 'revised_user' column on each table in my database I never relate them bac to the MNU_USER table as this would be overkill.

(2) You could always turn password encryption OFF during the bulk import and import plain text passwords, then turn encryption ON again afterwards. You can do this on the 'Menu Controls' screen.

Re: How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4833 is a reply to message #4830] Sat, 11 July 2015 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rafs wrote on Sat, 11 July 2015 00:55
Also, my User Id is a number '123' since all the data I am importing from the other tables will be linked to this. Could this be the problem?

The 'user_id' field is a string, so it can contain numbers, letters or a mixture of both. The only limitation is that each id be unique.

Re: How to bulk import my users into Radicore? [message #4834 is a reply to message #4829] Sat, 11 July 2015 04:43 Go to previous message
rafs wrote on Sat, 11 July 2015 00:53
After importing all of my user records directly into mysql mnu_user table, I am unable to login with one of the new users. I have set the user to have "GLOBAL ACCESS" and set is_disabled to N. The user_password is Nz-3jN6+lK@Ii^DE. When I try to logon I get 'Security violation.'

This is because the encryption algorithm uses a slightly different key for each user, so you cannot use the same encrypted value for different users.

Previous Topic: tutorial4 Viewing the Tree structure
Next Topic: LIST3 linked from LIST1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:25:34 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01189 seconds