Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » REVISED_DATE and REVISED_USER not being updated
REVISED_DATE and REVISED_USER not being updated [message #556] Mon, 22 January 2007 12:48
stephenboey is currently offline  stephenboey
Hi Tony,

Im still new to your framework. When I was doing Tutorial 2, on creation of record in x_option : created_user defaulted to UNKOWN. I logged in as MGR.

After I update the same record, I noticed that revised_date and revised_user were unpopulated. Is that how this is suppose to behave?

Stephen
REVISED_DATE and REVISED_USER not being updated [message #557 is a reply to message #556] Mon, 22 January 2007 13:37 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Each time you update a record through the framework then REVISED_DATE and REVISED_USER should automatically be updated. This will only work if you have set the AUTO-UPDATE option for those fields in the data dictionary, and have exported those details to your application.

If you look in your '<table>.dict.inc' file and do not see 'autoupdate'=> 'y' in the array for the REVISED_DATE and REVISED_USER fields it means that you have not instructed the framework to update these fields.

Re: REVISED_DATE and REVISED_USER not being updated [message #558 is a reply to message #557] Tue, 23 January 2007 06:31 Go to previous message
stephenboey is currently offline  stephenboey
alrite mate, will do so in future.

I checked the <table>.dict.inc files for x_options.

---And I tried updating the same records again. Unfortunately, I failed to reproduce the problem. Strange. Surprised

---I also tried creating a new record and it is behaving correctly. Strange. Surprised

I did not change any files. Strange. Surprised

Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: Changing from a popup to a dropdown control
Next Topic: mnu_user - getData returns bad data?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:17:38 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01065 seconds