Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Custome validation error
Custome validation error [message #561] Wed, 24 January 2007 05:19 Go to next message
stephenboey is currently offline  stephenboey
Hi Tony,

For Tutorial 5, I encountered a problem doing the following

Test -> x_person -> (select a record I just created) x_person_addr -> New -> I keyed in (Addr Line 1 = 'Address Line 1', Town = 'SJ', Postcode = '47600') -> Submit

I encoutered an error. When I checked the error log it says

[24-Jan-2007 17:26:28] PHP Fatal error: validation_class::require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'subtype=CUSTOM, validation=&quot;sample.validation.class.inc' (include_path='.;C:\Apache\htdocs\radicore\MENU;C:\Apache\ht docs\radicore\audit;C:\Apache\htdocs\radicore\workflow;C:\Ap ache\htdocs\radicore\includes') in C:\Apache\htdocs\radicore\includes\std.validation.class.inc on line 46

Seems like Php is able to find std.validation.class.inc. So it could be the syntax of the generated code for sample.validation.class.inc

Im not sure if validation =&quot is valid. Please advice if any changes is necessary to fix this.

FYI, the value for <CUSTOM Validation> for telephone_no, is set to:
subtype=CUSTOM, validation=" sample.validation.class.inc/sample_validation_class/telephon e_no " (Meaning that I copied this into that field)

[Updated on: Wed, 24 January 2007 05:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custome validation error [message #562 is a reply to message #561] Wed, 24 January 2007 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
It looks like the contents of your 'custom validation' field is wrong. It should contain just 'sample.validation.class.inc/sample_validation_class/fax_no' , but it looks like you have prefixed it with 'subtype=CUSTOM, validation=' which is completely wrong.

You are supposed to put 'CUSTOM' in the subtype field, and the other value in the validation field, although in the latest version of RADICORE you do not need to set the subtype field to 'CUSTOM', so perhaps that confused you.

I attach an updated copy of std.validation.class.inc which should handle that error properly.

Re: Custome validation error [message #564 is a reply to message #562] Wed, 24 January 2007 07:57 Go to previous message
stephenboey is currently offline  stephenboey
Thanks mate! Razz
Previous Topic: mnu_user - getData returns bad data?
Next Topic: Bug in Tutorial 5 _cm_validateInsert
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 23:03:13 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01027 seconds