Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Primary Key in not complete
Primary Key in not complete [message #832] Wed, 16 May 2007 15:56 Go to next message
danpoleary is currently offline  danpoleary
This is a strange one.

when I select a record in my application, anytime I select Delete, Update, or Read, I get an:

Primary key (unique_sequence) is not complete - check selection

I have checked the classes, screens, and database. I have also checked errorlog.html, xsl, and sql output. but nothing indicates an error. The field exists, contains data, and is unique, but will not allow me to apply the above functions on selected records.

Where else could I look to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Re: Primary Key in not complete [message #833 is a reply to message #832] Wed, 16 May 2007 18:54 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The error message is informing you that the primary key field with the name 'unique_sequence' is not being passed to the child form when you press the navigation button. Have you included that field in the sql query in the parent form?

If your select list only contains the fields which you are actually displaying in the parent form, and you have excluded the primary key because it is not displayed, then it is not available to be passed down to any child form.

Previous Topic: sql error adding a nav button
Next Topic: filterWhereSqlWhere
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:50:04 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01086 seconds