Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Multiple dropdowns in the same record
Multiple dropdowns in the same record [message #989] Wed, 25 July 2007 13:57 Go to next message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
I have several columns in a table that contain codes and require dropdowns. All of the lookups are in a single table (LKUP) with 3 fields: colname, code, text. I can successfully populate a single dropdown using the _cm_getExtraData() in the database class and _cm_getValRep() in the foreign table (LKUP).

I cannot figure out how to get MULTIPLE dropdowns (with different columns with different codes) on a single record. It may be that the _cm_getExtraData() is executed only once ???

The $where parameter on _cm_getExtraData() suggests I can pass a parameter but I cannot determine where I set this parameter ???

How can this be done in Radicore?
Re: Multiple dropdowns in the same record [message #991 is a reply to message #989] Wed, 25 July 2007 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you want a separate dropdown list on three different columns on the same record then you simply create three separate entries in $this->lookup_data. There is no such limitation as one dropdown per record. You can have as many as you like. Each column has a unique name, and each column can be associated with a different entry in $this->lookup_data. Just because http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure-faq.html #faq09 shows only one insertion into $this->lookup_data does not mean that you can only have one - it's an array of arrays, so you can have as many as you like.

Re: Multiple dropdowns in the same record [message #998 is a reply to message #989] Thu, 26 July 2007 07:27 Go to previous message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Tony, Works perfectly as you advised. As I learn more about the system....very impressed. Razz
Previous Topic: Accessing my Radicore App for the first time
Next Topic: RE-Generate PHP Scripts question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:05:20 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00868 seconds