Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Creating a List 2 transaction between multiple databases
Creating a List 2 transaction between multiple databases [message #4147] Tue, 29 April 2014 08:48 Go to next message
haider.faraz is currently offline  haider.faraz
I have two databases that I have imported in the same sub system. I am trying to create a 'List 2' transaction between two tables, where each table belongs to a different database. I have already established a parent-child relationship between these tables.

The issue I am facing is: in the 'Generate PHP' screen for the List 2 transaction I am not able to use the 'Outer Database' pop-up to select a different database.

In summary:
Subsystem A has two databases ADB and BDB.
ADB has table AP_table
BDB has table BC_table
BC_table has a child relationship to the AP_table

When defining the List 2 transaction for BC_table I am not able to choose ADB using the 'Outer Database' popup.

I am having this issue with version 1.79 of Radicore.

Is this by design?

Re: Creating a List 2 transaction between multiple databases [message #4152 is a reply to message #4147] Wed, 30 April 2014 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
This is a limitation of the current design as I expected all development to be against a single database server, with the option for live deployment to be split across multiple servers.

The quick solution is to generate a LIST2 transaction using two tables that exist in the same database, then manually alter the transaction script to specify the actual database table.

Re: Creating a List 2 transaction between multiple databases [message #4154 is a reply to message #4152] Thu, 01 May 2014 06:41 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I now realise that you were talking about two databases in the same server, not two databases in different servers. I have checked the code and discovered that a bug had crept in which prevented the popup from showing anything other than a single database. This has been fixed, and the updated code is available in the latest release (1.83.0)

Previous Topic: GET CASE FOR A WORK FLOW
Next Topic: Auto Increment PostgreSQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:27:31 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01033 seconds