Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » New Install Logon Failure
New Install Logon Failure [message #445] Sat, 09 December 2006 08:23 Go to next message
jk.harris is currently offline  jk.harris
Greetings,

I am a PHP newbie and have just installed radicore on my local Win XP/Apache/PHP 5/Postgre system.
When I attempt to login I get the following error:

----------------------------------------------------------
This application has encountered an unrecoverable error
The following has been reported to the administrator:

2006-12-09 13:38:44
Fatal Error: Object of class pgsql could not be converted to string (# 4096).

Error in line 49 of file 'C:\Data\Website\radicore\includes\dml.pgsql.class.inc'.

Script: /radicore/menu/logon.php

Remote Address: 127.0.0.1

Request URI: /radicore/menu/logon.php

I suspect that I have not edited the config.inc file correctly.
Here are some relevant config.inc file lines:
$GLOBALS['dbms'] = 'pgsql'; // database engine is PostgreSQL
$GLOBALS['dbhost'] = 'localhost';
$GLOBALS['PGSQL_dbname'] = 'radicore';
if (eregi('^(localhost|desktop|laptop)$', $_SERVER['localhost'])) { // this is for my PC
$GLOBALS['dbusername'] = 'harris';
$GLOBALS['dbuserpass'] = 'grAce';
$GLOBALS['dbprefix'] = null;

I do not have a 'PGSQL_dbname'='radicore' (I have created the 'menu', 'workflow', etc. databases. But I do have an system
odbc data source named 'radicore'.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, JWH

JWH
Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #446 is a reply to message #445] Sat, 09 December 2006 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You must create a database called "radicore", then "audit", "dict", etc are created as schemas within the "radicore" database.

I do not know why you are getting "Object of class pgsql could not be converted to string" as that is not a fatal error on either of my PCs.

Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #447 is a reply to message #446] Sat, 09 December 2006 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the speedy reply!

That makes sense. Did I mention that I am also a Postgr newbie Embarassed ?

Will let you know if this solves it.

JWH
Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #448 is a reply to message #445] Sat, 09 December 2006 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have created the Postgre database "radicore" with the appropriate schemas and data from the script files.
However I still get the same "Object of class pgsql could not be converted to string" error mentioned above when logging in... Confused

JWH
Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #449 is a reply to message #448] Sat, 09 December 2006 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are having some sort of connection error, but the error reporting is showing the wrong error. The "object to string conversion" should be E_NOTICE, not E_FATAL, so should not be reported.

Attached are two files which should remove the "object to string conversion" error so that you can see the *real* error.
  • Attachment: INCLUDES.zip
    (Size: 12.90KB, Downloaded 972 times)

Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #450 is a reply to message #449] Sat, 09 December 2006 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. No more "converted to string" error. Here's what I get:

This application has encountered an unrecoverable error
The following has been reported to the administrator:

2006-12-09 17:52:38
Fatal Error: SQL (# 256).

Error in line 49 of file 'C:\Data\Website\radicore\includes\dml.pgsql.class.inc'.

Script: /radicore/menu/logon.php

Remote Address: 127.0.0.1

Request URI: /radicore/menu/logon.php

JWH
Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #451 is a reply to message #450] Sat, 09 December 2006 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot reproduce this fault on my PC. If I try to force a connection error by using a bad password then I get a full error message which tells me just that.

You must have some peculiar setting on your PC which is getting in the way. Can you step through with your debugger to see what condition is firing the error handler?

Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #452 is a reply to message #451] Sun, 10 December 2006 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The previous zip file I posted contained the wrong copy of error.inc, so I am attaching another version. Let me know if this works.
  • Attachment: includes.zip
    (Size: 32.03KB, Downloaded 1002 times)

Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #458 is a reply to message #445] Wed, 13 December 2006 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niel is currently offline  niel
I seem to be having a similar problem, but with the MySQLi interface, not postgre. Initially I had the same error, but on line 47 of the 'dml.mysqli.class.inc' file.

I downloaded the second set of include files and now get 'Catchable fatal error: Object of class mysql could not be converted to string in D:\WWW\Working\!Test\radicore\includes\error.inc on line 223' instead.

I'm using Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2.0 on a Win2K3 Server.
Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #459 is a reply to message #458] Wed, 13 December 2006 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have found a difference in behaviour when running with my debugger turned ON or OFF. I corrupted my user name to force an error and I got the same message as you did. Then I turned my debugger ON to trap the error and guess what - no error! WTF!

After a bit of trial and error I discovered that when my custom error handler is activated the $errcontext argument has different contents depending whether debug is on or off, so $errcontext['this'] is missing, which indicates that the error was triggered from an object and not a function. I then try to save the error message in this object so that I can retrieve it later.

I have managed to solve this particular problem by saving the error message in a static variable instead. See attached error.inc file for details.

You should then see a proper error message which tells you why the connection to the database failed.
  • Attachment: error.inc
    (Size: 10.28KB, Downloaded 934 times)

Re: New Install Logon Failure [message #461 is a reply to message #459] Thu, 14 December 2006 06:08 Go to previous message
niel is currently offline  niel
Since last night I removed it all and started from scratch. That seemed to solve this problem, so it was probably a user name/password problem.
Previous Topic: sql import errors on PostgreSQL 8.1
Next Topic: another "failure to read" error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:11:08 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01377 seconds