Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » includes/config.inc.default
includes/config.inc.default [message #475] Wed, 20 December 2006 04:21 Go to next message
aquayle is currently offline  aquayle
is "includes/config.inc.default" supposed to be renamed to
"includes/config.inc"
because if I do, I get an error:-
This application has encountered an unrecoverable error

The following has been reported to the administrator:
2006-12-20 09:20:49

Fatal Error: Object of class mysql could not be converted to string (# 4096).

Error in line 47 of file '/opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/Radicore/includes/dml.mysqli.class. inc'.

Script: /xampp/Radicore/menu/logon.php

Remote Address: 192.168.1.12

Request URI: /xampp/Radicore/menu/logon.php
Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #476 is a reply to message #475] Wed, 20 December 2006 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Yes, you have to rename config.inc.default to config.inc just as the installation instructions say. You also have to amend this file to include your username and password for the database connection. If you do not follow these instructions then the application will abort when it attempts to connect to the database.

Attached are some updated files which should replace the "Object of class mysql could not be converted to string" message with the correct error message.
  • Attachment: includes.zip
    (Size: 32.03KB, Downloaded 981 times)

Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #478 is a reply to message #475] Wed, 20 December 2006 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did all that, ne error :=

Catchable fatal error: Object of class mysql could not be converted to string in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/Radicore/includes/error.inc on line 223

which is in the print_Trace function

the line is $result .= $indent ."$level2: " .gettype($string2) ." = $string2\n";
Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #479 is a reply to message #478] Wed, 20 December 2006 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me take a guess and say that you are using PHP version 5.2? If so this is a new type of error that did not appear before. I won't upgrade to 5.2 until Zend issue a version of their deugger that works with 5.2, so I cannot reproduce this error on my PC.

I suggest you comment out that line and see what happens.

Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #480 is a reply to message #475] Wed, 20 December 2006 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Result of FUNCTION GUESS = TRUE Very Happy

'nother new error when commented out the line & 'nother error :-

This application has encountered an unrecoverable error

The following has been reported to the administrator:
2006-12-20 15:45:38

Fatal Error: SQL (# 256).

Error in line 47 of file '/opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/Radicore/includes/dml.mysqli.class. inc'.

Script: /xampp/Radicore/menu/logon.php

Remote Address: 192.168.1.12

Request URI: /xampp/Radicore/menu/logon.php

which is in the mysql class constructor

any ideas?
Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #481 is a reply to message #480] Wed, 20 December 2006 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Line 47 is where the constructor attempts to connect to the database, so the connection is failing. Either the database does not exist, ot the username and password are invalid.

To see the inital connection error can you insert "echo $errstr;" after "$save_errstr = $errstr;" at line 37 of includes/error.inc and try again.

Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #482 is a reply to message #475] Wed, 20 December 2006 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No such line in error.inc - can't find a $save anywhere in that file, so I put it at the start of the function.
Yep - username/password issue.
Changed the config.inc file and ..
it works on local machine, but not over the network.

Once I log in (from the PHP login screen, I just get loads of warnings about date()[function.date] and nothing else

date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #483 is a reply to message #482] Wed, 20 December 2006 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try the version of include.inc in the attached zip file instead.

Do you have a timezone set in your php.ini file?
  • Attachment: includes.zip
    (Size: 32.09KB, Downloaded 933 times)

Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #484 is a reply to message #475] Thu, 21 December 2006 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There wasn't an include.inc in the zip file
anyway
put the line date.timezone="Europe/London" in php.ini file, tah stopped the timezone errors. Thanks

Getting other errors now when I click on the menu entries. Going to give up with Linux - there's too much I don't know.. will switch back to Windoze

Andy
Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #485 is a reply to message #484] Thu, 21 December 2006 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aquayle wrote on Thu, 21 December 2006 09:11

There wasn't an include.inc in the zip file

Sorry. I meant error.inc

Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #486 is a reply to message #475] Thu, 21 December 2006 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had to add "HTdocs/Radicore/dict" to the htaccess file

now everything is working.....
Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #487 is a reply to message #486] Thu, 21 December 2006 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's amzing how things work when you follow the installation instructions Smile

Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #488 is a reply to message #475] Thu, 21 December 2006 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What, you expect people to read a MANUAL Very Happy
Re: includes/config.inc.default [message #489 is a reply to message #488] Thu, 21 December 2006 09:48 Go to previous message
They would complain a lot more if there wasn't one! Confused

Previous Topic: another "failure to read" error
Next Topic: problems whit the installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:32:37 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01307 seconds