Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Open a new window from RADICORE (Open a new window from RADICORE)
Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5072] Wed, 14 October 2015 02:22 Go to next message
edortizq is currently offline  edortizq

Hi Tony,
I'd like to know what should I do to open a new browser window by pressing a button on RADICORE.
This new window could be any URL, even external.
What I want to do is execute some php code which is not a radicore task by pressing a navigation button.
Thanks for advance
Re: Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5073 is a reply to message #5072] Wed, 14 October 2015 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You cannot do this from a button in the application. This is either an OS command or a browser command. Different browsers have different mechanisms for opening new windows. In IE for example I often use ctrl+k to create a clone of the current window, then press the 'newsession' link in the top right-hand corner to link that new window to a separate session. This allows me to access different parts of the application at the same time.

Re: Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5074 is a reply to message #5073] Wed, 14 October 2015 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok, thanks for your answer.
What I did is to create an html file which opens the new window, then pick it up from a file picker task. A little rare solution but I was needing to call a data analysis module from Radicore.
Maybe it's a good idea if we could to choose execute a task or execute an html o php command from a button.
Regards!
Re: Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5075 is a reply to message #5074] Thu, 15 October 2015 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only thing you can do with a menu or navigation button is run a task which has been defined within the MENU database. If you use a custom button that will only run a procedure within the current task.

If you would like to send me your code perhaps when I have the time I can review it and see if it is worth adding to the framework.

Re: Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5076 is a reply to message #5075] Thu, 15 October 2015 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

All I need to do is to execute some PHP script, something like we can do using a BATCH task but online.
Imagine two situations:
-I have a ticketing system and I need to open a window where I have a matrix of checkboxes, every checkbox is a "seat" of a theater which can be disabled, enabled and available, enabled and reserved or enabled and already sold, then the user could choose his seat and then call something like a paypal module. Then return to the php script where I can update the ticketing system tables which runs on radicore.
- I have data cube created with the radicore framework, then I need to call my data analysis module which allow the user to "play" with the data, doing something like an excel dynamic table, getting totals, subtotals, graphics, etc.
In both cases what I need is to execute some php script by pressing a button on the framework, this php script could receive data and parameters from radicore and viceversa.
Re: Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5081 is a reply to message #5076] Fri, 16 October 2015 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If all you are doing is executing a PHP script, but you cannot use one of the existing page controllers, there is nothing to stop you from writing your own custom controller for that one script.

Re: Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5082 is a reply to message #5081] Fri, 16 October 2015 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, of course, all I was needing is to execute the script by pressing a navigation button on radicore.
Thans for your help!
Regards
Re: Open a new window from RADICORE [message #5083 is a reply to message #5082] Sat, 17 October 2015 05:09 Go to previous message
A navigation button points to a task on the MNU_TASK table. The MNU_TASK record also has a script_id field which is the name of the script which is associated with this task. Note that task_id and script_id are different fields so they can have different values. Provided that script_id points to a script in the file system it will be executed. This script does not have to be one that is generated by the framework, nor does it have to be built on one of the page controllers which are built into the framework. This means that you are free to write your own custom controller to do whatever you want.

Previous Topic: Using a function in a primary key field
Next Topic: Show additional column in a LIST1 transaction pattern (a column not part of a parent table)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:20:26 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01162 seconds