Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » MAC OS Installation Issue (Problems setting up htaccess.txt)
MAC OS Installation Issue [message #5474] Thu, 14 April 2016 20:29 Go to next message
noalnak is currently offline  noalnak
Hello,

I'm installing radicore using MAMP in Mac OS. My include path in htaccess.txt is stated as follows:

php_value include_path "/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/radicore/includes/"

When I logon, I receive this error log:

Warning: require(include.general.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/radicore/menu/logon.php on line 28

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'include.general.inc' (include_path='"/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/radicore/includes/ "') in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/radicore/menu/logon.php on line 28

Please help what is wrong with this. Thanks so much.
Re: MAC OS Installation Issue [message #5475 is a reply to message #5474] Fri, 15 April 2016 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Where are you setting your include_path, in your php.ini file or an htaccess file? Does this include_path show up correctly when you run phpinfo()?

The include_path MUST point to the directory which contains 'include.general.inc' otherwise you will get this error.

Re: MAC OS Installation Issue [message #5478 is a reply to message #5475] Fri, 15 April 2016 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I was simply following the installation instructions and I get this error. Then again, I am not an expert in PHP. I've been installing open source PHP solutions and the installation instructions was detailed enough to make the process seamless. For this one though, I'm struggling. I am setting up the include_path from your htaccess.txt instructions and since in your instructions, php.ini was not mentioned....I did not touch it. Btw, here is a snapshot of my phpinfo data:
  • Attachment: phpinfo.tiff
    (Size: 357.58KB, Downloaded 833 times)
Re: MAC OS Installation Issue [message #5480 is a reply to message #5478] Fri, 15 April 2016 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That screen shot of the phpinfo() output is incomplete as it does not show any value for 'include_path'. This should appear under the group heading of "Core". Unless this shows the correct value then you will always get this error.

The include_path can be set in various ways:
1) in the php.ini file
2) in an htaccess file which is processed by Apache
3) in php code

I only mention the htaccess option in my installation instructions as people using a shared host sometimes do not have the ability to modify the shared php.ini file.

Re: MAC OS Installation Issue [message #5492 is a reply to message #5480] Sun, 17 April 2016 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I finally solved it. My include_path was incomplete. For Mac and using MAMP, here is the complete include_path in .htaccess:

php_value include_path " .:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.0.0/lib/php:/Applications/ MAMP/htdocs/radicore/includes "

Thank you for all the help.

Regards,
Gerald
Re: MAC OS Installation Issue [message #5493 is a reply to message #5492] Sun, 17 April 2016 12:18 Go to previous message
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Now you can play with the framework to see what it does.

Previous Topic: Has anybody installed Radicore in Mac OS
Next Topic: RADICORE ON VIRTUAL SERVER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:22:44 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01095 seconds