Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Invoice - Automatic Tax and Net value calculation while entering data
Invoice - Automatic Tax and Net value calculation while entering data [message #718] Wed, 28 March 2007 01:00 Go to next message
douglas is currently offline  douglas

Sir,
I have many fields in the data entry form that the user has to be fed. While entring these fields, some others such as tax (5% of the amount column), welfare fund (2% of the amount column) netAmount (Amount+Tax+welfareFund) etc have to be displayed in the corresponding textboxes provided automatically. How can it be possible. Can you give me some examples?
Yours sincerely
Douglas D'Silva.

Douglas
Re: Invoice - Automatic Tax and Net value calculation while entering data [message #720 is a reply to message #718] Wed, 28 March 2007 04:28 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The contents of an HTML form cannot be changed while the user is inputting data without using some client-side scripting such as javascript. With standard HTML the form contents are constructed on the server and sent to the client in response to a request. The form contents cannot therefore be changed without sending another request to the server and receiving another response.

I do not use any javascript in Radicore, but there are facilities which allow to to include javascript in the HTML output - take a look at http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/radicore-and-javascript .html for details.

Previous Topic: Regenerate <table_name>.screen.inc files
Next Topic: Add multiple records with similar data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:12:34 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00943 seconds