Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Add multiple records with similar data
Add multiple records with similar data [message #719] Wed, 28 March 2007 02:26 Go to next message
braingeyser is currently offline  braingeyser

I've had an interesting request from someone I'm developing an application for and I had to admit I had no idea if it could be done within the existing framework, so...

This particular application involves adding batches of new products with similar information for most of the fields. In this particular case the most common thing that might change between records would be the product code.

Rather than re-entering the same data for a new record every time, is there any way you can carry over the information from the previous new record. This would be a great timesaver.

I'm picturing something like a "Submit + Keep Data" type button in addition to the existing "Submit" and "Submit + stay" button in the add1 transaction pattern.

â
Re: Add multiple records with similar data [message #721 is a reply to message #719] Wed, 28 March 2007 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Have you tried using the "Copy" and "Paste" buttons? That is exactly what they were designed for.

Re: Add multiple records with similar data [message #723 is a reply to message #721] Wed, 28 March 2007 08:44 Go to previous message
braingeyser is currently offline  braingeyser

Embarassed

â
Previous Topic: Invoice - Automatic Tax and Net value calculation while entering data
Next Topic: Business Rules Best Practice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:59:53 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00944 seconds