Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1271
Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1271 [message #776] Wed, 18 April 2007 16:40 Go to next message
mrbun
home >dict>databases>tables>read
shows 'enquire table'
click 'generate php'
triggers following error:

I am trying to follow the tutorial. Maybe I missed a stage, but cannot see where, yet.

Mike B

Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1271 : Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN ' (# 1271).

SQL query: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS pattern_id, pattern_desc FROM mnu_pattern WHERE pattern_id IN ('ADD4', 'DEL3', 'DEL4', 'ERASE1', 'FILEDOWNLOAD', 'FILEPICKER', 'FILEUPLOAD', 'LINK1', 'LIST1', 'LIST2', 'LIST3', 'MULTI1', 'MULTI2', 'MULTI3', 'MULTI4', 'OUTPUT1', 'OUTPUT2', 'OUTPUT3', 'POPUP1', 'POPUP2', 'POPUP3', 'POPUP4', 'TIMETABLE1', 'TREE1', 'TREE2', 'UPD2', 'UPD3', 'UPD4') ORDER BY pattern_desc asc

Error in line 407 of file 'F:\Easyphp\www\radicore\INCLUDES\dml.mysql.class.inc'.

Host Info: localhost via TCP/IP
Server Version: 4.1.9-max
Client Info: 3.23.49, Client Encoding: latin1

Script: /radicore/dict/table_generate_a.php

User Id: MGR

Remote Address: 127.0.0.1

Request URI: /radicore/dict/table_generate_a.php?session_name=menu3
Re: Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1271 [message #777 is a reply to message #776] Wed, 18 April 2007 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The message "illegal mix of collations" means that you are not using the same collation (character set) for all your database columns. Although MySQL will allow you to mix collations, it is definitely not a good idea.

You should use the same collation for all fields. If you want to cater for all possible languages you should use "utf8_unicode".

Re: Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1271 [message #778 is a reply to message #776] Thu, 19 April 2007 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrbun
The db engine mysql 4.1 default is latin1_swedish_ci.

I rebuilt the database I am working with latin1_swedish_ci making sure columns are all the same. The create statements do not explicitly change the collation and the build appears to define all text columns using the default. Numeric columns are not defined. This is as I would expect.

I still see the same error as reported earlier. Is it necessary for me to rebuild the database and tables in radicore?

Would the connection collation have any affect? Though I do not see why it should.

Mike B

[Updated on: Thu, 19 April 2007 03:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1271 [message #779 is a reply to message #778] Thu, 19 April 2007 04:24 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
All the collations should be the same in order to avoid the need to convert from one collation to another. This includes the connection collation.

The create table statements do not specify any particular collation. MySQL will therefore use whatever default you have defined.

Previous Topic: multi2
Next Topic: delete user fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:17:31 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01033 seconds