Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » List sibling records given a child record
List sibling records given a child record [message #5880] Sat, 17 September 2016 23:53 Go to next message
kong is currently offline  kong
The framework works great for tables with parent child relationships and solving drill down needs, for example list all child records given a parent record (i.e. list all child records with the parent that is the selected parent record) can be implemented easily with a LIST2 parent->child transaction pattern. However, I struggle when the need is to list all sibling records given a child record (i.e. list all records with the same parent as the selected child record). Because there is no parent child relationship between sibling records, a standard LIST2 child->child pattern does not appear to work.

What is the best way to go about solving such need?
Re: List sibling records given a child record [message #5881 is a reply to message #5880] Sun, 18 September 2016 04:48 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you are saying that when a parent record has child records in different tables that you want to list all child records from those tables, then I'm afraid that it is not possible with any of the existing transaction patterns. You will have to create a separate task for each different parent-child relationship.

Previous Topic: Show additional column in a LIST1 transaction pattern (a column not part of a parent table)
Next Topic: How to deal with multiple inserts in ADD1 pattern
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:26:19 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01048 seconds