Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Display field from Related table 2
Display field from Related table 2 [message #839] Tue, 22 May 2007 10:46 Go to next message
bclark is currently offline  bclark
I am trying to get a field from a related table to be displayed on a child table's form but have had no luck. I've tried to mirror the config in the Xample database and I've read the original topic opened on 8/2006 that explains how the teacher_id translation works. But I'm still not having any luck.

Where can I begin troubleshooting to find where it's failing? I've setup the JOINS automatically and indicated that the required field be a dropdown list on the jr table. Do I need to build this list somewhere or is it done automatically?

Thanks for your help.

Bryant
Re: Display field from Related table 2 [message #840 is a reply to message #839] Tue, 22 May 2007 13:55 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Is the field not being displayed at all, or is the dropdown list empty?

For a field to be displayed the following must happen:

• The fieldname must be in the screen structure file to tell the XSL stylesheet where to put it.
  • The fieldname and its value must be in the XML file which is extracted from $this->fieldarray for that database object. This is either done within the sql SELECT statement, or added in manually.

If the dropdown list is empty then you have not supplied the list of values. Please refer to any of the following:

Previous Topic: many-to-many
Next Topic: table related to itself
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:28:45 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00975 seconds