Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » refreshing
refreshing [message #869] Tue, 12 June 2007 11:51 Go to next message
interop is currently offline  interop
My multi2 screens with new (add2) and delete (del1) do not refresh after adding or deleting an entry. In order to see the changes I must click 'reset'.
do you know what could cause this?
version 1.24, php5, mysql5
Re: refreshing [message #870 is a reply to message #869] Tue, 12 June 2007 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
That is very strange. I have just tried a multi2 form (Maintain Menu Contents) using version 1.24 as well as the upcoming 1.25, and I cannot reproduce this problem at all. Are you sure that you have replaced all the older scripts in the INCLUDES folder?

Re: refreshing [message #871 is a reply to message #870] Wed, 13 June 2007 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diff -r shows all my files in the includes directory are up to date with 1.24. I did more testing and noticed that (Maintain Menu Contents) uses a popup to select new entries. My multi2's that use popups work also. This only happens when I'm not using a popup to select new entries.
Re: refreshing [message #872 is a reply to message #871] Wed, 13 June 2007 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are you using to add new entries?

Re: refreshing [message #873 is a reply to message #872] Wed, 13 June 2007 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add2 is used to create new entries. This is the default value for the "Child forms" when creating a multi2 script with "generate php scripts (b)"
Re: refreshing [message #874 is a reply to message #873] Wed, 13 June 2007 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot reproduce this fault. Whenever I leave a Multi2 form by pressing a navigation button that form will *always* refresh its data from the database when it regains control irrespective of what happens in the child form.

The only time that the form will not refresh itself is if a popup button is pressed in the data area. Note that although both navigation buttons and popup buttons activate another form, their purpose is different, and returning from a popup does not cause a refresh.

Re: refreshing [message #875 is a reply to message #874] Wed, 13 June 2007 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I'm stepping through with a debugger and can't see where the refresh will happen. Can you point me in the right direction?
Re: refreshing [message #876 is a reply to message #875] Wed, 13 June 2007 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After I return from the add2 screen I am stepping through the std.multi2.inc file I never get to the getData() function.
Here is some info while stepping through std.multi2.inc:

$_POST is empty
$_GET only contains session_name
$return_from is set properly
$return_action is 'OK'
$popup_object is null
$selection is null

does any of this help?
Re: refreshing [message #877 is a reply to message #876] Wed, 13 June 2007 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I see the problem. At line 262 in 'std.multi2.inc' you should see the following code:
// only read INNER if OUTER is not empty
if (count($outer_data) > 0) {
    if (!empty($return_from) AND !empty($return_action)) {
    } else {

This should be changed to the following:
    if (!empty($return_from) AND !empty($popup_object)) {
    } else {

This fix has already been incorporated into the next release.

Re: refreshing [message #878 is a reply to message #877] Wed, 13 June 2007 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you
Re: refreshing [message #886 is a reply to message #877] Thu, 28 June 2007 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM wrote on Wed, 13 June 2007 11:18

Now I see the problem. At line 262 in 'std.multi2.inc' you should see the following code:
    if (!empty($return_from) AND !empty($return_action)) {
    } else {

This should be changed to the following:
    if (!empty($return_from) AND !empty($popup_object)) {
    } else {

This fix has already been incorporated into the next release.

You may have already got this but I just noticed the same problem with multi3 I made the same fix as above on line 299 in std.multi3.inc and it seems to be working fine.
Re: refreshing [message #887 is a reply to message #886] Thu, 28 June 2007 10:55 Go to previous message
Thanks for spotting that. It will be fixed in the next release.

Previous Topic: mnu_task.pattern_id='SEARCH'
Next Topic: javascript not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:39:58 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03243 seconds