Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » RE-Generate PHP Scripts question
RE-Generate PHP Scripts question [message #999] Thu, 26 July 2007 11:27 Go to next message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Tony, Radicore is quite amazing in spite of my learning curve. Smile

I made some column changes in the database, re-imported the columns and updated the dictionary. Now I want to Generate PHP script using the same pattern as before (LIST1 - List multiple records). When I attempt this I get messages that disallow regeneration: Task ID, Script ID, and screen structure (file) already in use. How can I drop and replace these existing files/components? It appears to be an iterative process...fix deficiencies in the tables/model and then update the Data Dictionary and PHP files.
Thanks
Re: RE-Generate PHP Scripts question [message #1000 is a reply to message #999] Thu, 26 July 2007 12:46 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you have created tasks and scripts to maintain a database table, then some time later you change the structure of that database table, you do NOT have to regenerate all those scripts again. All you need do is import the updated table structure into the dictionary, then export the table details to regenerate the <table>.dict.inc file. You then manually modify your screen structure file to deal with any column changes, and manually modify your <table>.class.inc file to deal with any business rule changes. Nothing else needs to be changed or regenerated.

Simple, isn't it?

Previous Topic: Multiple dropdowns in the same record
Next Topic: Connection login issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:28:21 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04019 seconds