Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Connection login issue
Connection login issue [message #1018] Wed, 01 August 2007 07:37 Go to next message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Perhaps I do not understand how Radicore login/security works...

On my development machine (localhost) I can connect and develop no problem.

In \includes\dml.mysqli.class.inc in
function connect ($dbname=null)
I have changed line 152 (shown below) to include the mySQL username and password
$dbconn = mysqli_connect($dbhost, username, password);
Is this the correct way to use Radicore?

Problem: when I go to another machine and access Radicore from the browser with
http://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx/radicore/index.html
I get the logon screen but when I click Logon I get "application has encountered an unrecoverable error"Fatal Error: eregi() [function.eregi]: REG_BADRPT (#1049).
Error in line 49 of file 'C:\xampp\htdocs\radicore\includes\dml.mysqli.class.inc'.
I am not sure how to fix this.
Can you advise, please?

Re: Connection login issue [message #1019 is a reply to message #1018] Wed, 01 August 2007 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Quote:

Is this the correct way to use Radicore?

No, it is not. You should define your username and password inside CONFIG.INC and not make any amendments to dml.mysqli.class.inc. You need to read and follow the installation instructions at http://www.radicore.org/installation.php and pay special attention to item #10.

As for the error REG_BADRPT I suggest you take a look at http://www.radicore.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=96 for the answer.

Re: Connection login issue [message #1020 is a reply to message #1018] Wed, 01 August 2007 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Tony, Can't thank you enough for Radicore & your support. I am/will pay even more attention to your documentation.

With regard to non-localhost connections: config.inc has the following
// this is for my shared web host
$GLOBALS['dbusername'] = '****';
$GLOBALS['dbuserpass'] = '****';
$GLOBALS['dbprefix'] = '****';

In order to get a connection I am setting these parameters to
// this is for my shared web host
$GLOBALS['dbusername'] = 'valid_MySQL_user';
$GLOBALS['dbuserpass'] = 'user's_password';
$GLOBALS['dbprefix'] = '';

The Radicore Logon screen (appropriately) does not display these values. Am I doing this correctly? Isn't there a potential security issue because these values are exposed in a file below the Web documents directory (\htdocs\...)?
Re: Connection login issue [message #1021 is a reply to message #1020] Wed, 01 August 2007 10:07 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you read the installation instructions it says hat if you deploy Radicore on a publicly-accessible web server it would be a good idea to move the 'includes' directory from below the web root so that its contents (especially your CONFIG.INC file) cannot be accessed through the browser.

Do not forget to update the include_path directive in your htaccess file accordingly.

Previous Topic: RE-Generate PHP Scripts question
Next Topic: How to display child records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:31:52 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01120 seconds