Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » How to display child records
How to display child records [message #1022] Wed, 01 August 2007 14:12 Go to next message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
My database has Grants (research studies) with associated Staff...one-to-many relationship. I can list my Grants using a List1 pattern (all ok).

Desired behavior: Put a button on the Navigation bar "Staff" that, when selected will list all the staff for the selected grant.

I setup the relations from Grants to Grant_Staff and generated a List2 task on the Grant_Staff table with links to Grants. I think this should list the staff I want. I now have a task with the ID "div_grant_staff(list2)". How do I get this on the Navigation Bar when displaying the list of Grants (task name for this is "div_grants(list1)"?

Am I approaching this correctly?

Re: How to display child records [message #1023 is a reply to message #1022] Wed, 01 August 2007 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Take a look at http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/radicore-tutorial3.html #x_tree_level.step3

Re: How to display child records [message #1024 is a reply to message #1022] Thu, 02 August 2007 08:01 Go to previous message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Thanks Tony. I guess I never followed all the links at the end of each tutorial (I had only seen #1 and #2). Your system works exactly as described. The tutorials are well laid out.

I am continuing deeper into the maze.... Smile
Previous Topic: Connection login issue
Next Topic: Audit Logging Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:03:12 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01245 seconds