Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Install all tables in one DB
Install all tables in one DB [message #65] Thu, 08 June 2006 11:27 Go to next message
janalwin is currently offline  janalwin
Hallo,

Is it possible to install all the tables in one database. My ISP only gives me one database per domain.

It would also make ik easier for newcomers to test the system. (with a simple installer maybe?)

Jan Alwin
Re: Install all tables in one DB [message #66 is a reply to message #65] Thu, 08 June 2006 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Radicore is a development environment, so you should be installing it on a development machine over which you have total control. If your web hosting company only offers a restricted service, then I can only suggest that you change to a different hosting company.

It would not be a trivial task to merge all the different database tables into one database as the database names are hard-coded into each table class.

As for the installation instructions, they are simple enough. I do not see any real need for a sophisticated installer.

Re: Install all tables in one DB [message #279 is a reply to message #66] Wed, 20 September 2006 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matta is currently offline  matta
I would also very much like to be able to put all of the Raidcore tables in one database. I have a task that I would like to address by using Radicore but I find it ungainly to have Raidcore split up over several databases.

> It would not be a trivial task to merge all the different
> database tables into one database as the database names
> are hard-coded into each table class.

Is there anywhere else besides the table classes where the database names are hard coded? I wouldn't mind doing this myself if I knew where to look.

Thank you,

Matt
Re: Install all tables in one DB [message #280 is a reply to message #279] Wed, 20 September 2006 12:36 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I have different sets of tables in different databases for one simple reason - they are logically different and unrelated. This gives me the ability to create, load and restore each database very easily without having to specify individual lists of tables.

There is no performance loss in using multiple databases, neither is there any loss in functionality, so I do not see any benefit in changing the software. It would not be a trivial effort, and I don't see the point in expending effort for absolutely no benefit.

Previous Topic: DOM XML error
Next Topic: eregi(): REG_BADRPT (# 256)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:27:15 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01362 seconds