Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » radicore-tutorial-001.pdf relationships does not work (xample clone into testdb replationships cannot be entered)
radicore-tutorial-001.pdf relationships does not work [message #6284] Wed, 12 April 2017 16:03 Go to next message
apmuthu
The last 2 relationships in the radicore-tutorial-001.pdf cannot be entered. See screenshot. Only the CALCULATED option is available for the parent field in the tutorial.

I have assumed that where CASCADE is used, we choose CASCADE (framework).

In Debian 8 (64 bit) the includes folder was added to the php.ini file and installed with the following:

mysql
CREATE DATABASE `testdb`CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
USE `mysql`;
GRANT ALTER, ALTER ROUTINE, CREATE, CREATE ROUTINE, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, CREATE VIEW, DELETE, DROP, EVENT, EXECUTE, INDEX, INSERT, LOCK TABLES, REFERENCES, SELECT, SHOW VIEW, TRIGGER, UPDATE ON `testdb`.* TO 'appusr'@'localhost';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
USE `testdb`;
source /var/www/webroot/radicore/xample/sql/mysql/xample-schema.sql
source /var/www/webroot/radicore/xample/sql/mysql/xample-data.sql
quit

http://domain.tld/radicore/
Login => MGR / password
Navigate to:
Home» Menu System» Subsystem
Add New Subsystem:
TESTDB / test subsystem / testdb / tst_
Submit
Tick TESTDB
Click "Build Directory"

cd /var/www/webroot/radicore
# /var/www/webroot/radicore/testdb gets created with all sub-folders needed.
Re: radicore-tutorial-001.pdf relationships does not work [message #6287 is a reply to message #6284] Wed, 12 April 2017 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Have you imported the columns for the newly imported tables? Importing tables and importing columns are separate tasks.

Re: radicore-tutorial-001.pdf relationships does not work [message #6288 is a reply to message #6284] Wed, 12 April 2017 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apmuthu
Yes. That is how I was able to get the other relationships done.

Please note that the menu and dict export sqls for xample prototype is duplicated in the sql/mysql/ and sql/ folders in the latest distribution.

I will try again on a fresh install.

The Home link should be available along with the links at the top since it is missing in some places. Synchronising the naming of the links / buttons with the breadcrumbs would be useful.

Is there a GitHub repo for Radicore? Mirroring it there would be useful.
Re: radicore-tutorial-001.pdf relationships does not work [message #6292 is a reply to message #6288] Thu, 13 April 2017 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The only way that the Parent Field dropdown will not contain any column names is when you have not yet imported the columns for that table.

The "Home" link should always be available in the breadcrumbs area.

I do not use GitHub, and I have no plans to do so.

Re: radicore-tutorial-001.pdf relationships does not work [message #6293 is a reply to message #6292] Thu, 13 April 2017 12:31 Go to previous message
apmuthu
Thanks a lot. I had not imported the columns for the last 3 tables that were in page 2.
All 9 relationships are in place now.
Previous Topic: Radicore v2.0 on a single database
Next Topic: load radicore on apache
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:56:46 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01081 seconds