Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Deleting Tasks (Menus and Procs)
Deleting Tasks (Menus and Procs) [message #1057] Fri, 10 August 2007 06:50 Go to next message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Tony,
I have changed my table design a bit and want to (among other things) drop 3 tables and all their associated Tasks from the menu system. I was able to delete the tables from the Data Dictionary but am having some trouble deleting Tasks.

For example, when I try to delete the "div_docs(add1)" task, used to add records to the DOCS table I get the message "Cannot delete - record still linked to MNU_NAV_BUTTON table". I am unable to locate this link and delete it. Is this possible in the Radicore Menu system? Would it cause problems to delete the records directly in the MNU_NAV_BUTTON table? Looking in that table I see the records...since I want to drop the DOCS table, I could delete all the div_docs(xxxx) records. Please advise.
Thanks
Re: Deleting Tasks (Menus and Procs) [message #1058 is a reply to message #1057] Fri, 10 August 2007 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The ADD1 task has been added to the navigation buttons of its parent LIST1 task, so you must go to the parent task and delete all its children. If you do not know the name of the parent task you could always look it up directly in the database.

It sounds like it might be a good idea to have new navigation and menu button screens which start from a child and show its parents as well as the current screens which start from the parent and show its children. I will think about that for the next release.

Re: Deleting Tasks (Menus and Procs) [message #1059 is a reply to message #1057] Fri, 10 August 2007 08:00 Go to previous message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Yes. Deleting the Navigation(3) buttons below the LIST1 let me delete everything as desired. Thanks
Previous Topic: FILEPICKER setup
Next Topic: passwords
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:50:34 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00972 seconds