Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Workflow » Using workflow component in my own application(?)
Using workflow component in my own application(?) [message #1087] Thu, 06 September 2007 06:56 Go to next message
rumich is currently offline  rumich
Hi,

I wonder if we could use workflow components in our already working application that serves for cases registration. This is PHP+MySQL app (let's call it "Register") that produces mail notifications to the appropriate team to be processed. The CRM application is already deployed and we have no influence on it. The processing team receives emails produced by Register with the request details and registers the cases in CRM system.

So now te process is:

request creation ("Register" app)->
email to processing team ->
create CRM case-> [... further steps]

What we need now is to add some sort of approvals for cases before they can be processed by the team. So the expected output is approved request (in the form of email).

request creation ("Register" app)->
*** workflow to have the request approved, up to 3 levels ***->
email to processing team ->
create CRM case-> [... further steps]

Would it be possible to use workflow component to implement that quite simple workflow or we should build the complete CMS application using RADICORE as the backend to our application?

What do you think?

--
regards
rumich
Re: Using workflow component in my own application(?) [message #1088 is a reply to message #1087] Thu, 06 September 2007 07:05 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The workflow component of Radicore was designed specifically to work within the Radicore framework and therefore cannot be plugged into a different framework. If you want to use Radicore Workflow then you must use the entire Radicore framework. If you do not wish to drop your existing framework then you must write your own workflow engine.

Previous Topic: Problem with db
Next Topic: Automatic Transition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:58:36 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00851 seconds