Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » radicore on edubuntu
icon5.gif  radicore on edubuntu [message #1109] Tue, 02 October 2007 02:56 Go to next message
deepdiver is currently offline  deepdiver
we are using edubuntu and we are having problem with the radicore. we had it installed on windows but not in edubuntu. we are using xampp and its working and phpmyadmin works. we could access the menu page of the radicore on our localhost but when we try to click the log on button it just gives us an error. the page shows the ff warning:

Warning:require(include.general.inc[function.required]: failed to open stream:No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/original/original/menu/logon.php on line 18.

Fatal_error:require()[function.require]: Failed opening required 'include.general.inc' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/htdocs/original/original/include s') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/original/original/menu/logon.php on line 18.

we tried to change the htaccess.txt, httpd.conf, and the include_path.

we cant figure it out already we even had the access permission changed.

thank you.
Re: radicore on edubuntu [message #1111 is a reply to message #1109] Tue, 02 October 2007 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The error message says that it cannot find the file 'include.general.inc' after looking through all the directories on the include path. You need to make sure that you have updated your htaccess file correctly. You can check this by running phpinfo().

If the file 'include.general.inc' exists, and the directory is named in the include path, then the problem is either with your OS or the XAMPP installation. I never use XAMPP, but I know that at least one user has had problems with it in the past.

Re: radicore on edubuntu [message #1117 is a reply to message #1111] Tue, 02 October 2007 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we could edit the include_path. tried to change it a lot of times but still doesn't work and the 'include.general.inc' exist. and yes we have updated our htaccess file. thank you
Re: radicore on edubuntu [message #1118 is a reply to message #1117] Tue, 02 October 2007 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does your change to the include path show up correctly when you run phpinfo()? If this points to the directory where 'include.general.inc' exists, yet it still cannot be accessed, then it points to a problem somewhere outside of my code. Can you execute any script which accesses 'include.general.inc'? Are the file/directory permissions set up correctly? I have no knowledge of edubuntu, so I cannot give you any pointers.

Re: radicore on edubuntu [message #1119 is a reply to message #1109] Wed, 03 October 2007 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got this new warning.

Warning: require_once(config.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/original/original/includes/include.general .inc on line 26

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'config.inc' (include_path='.:/opt/lampp/htdocs/original/original/include s:../menu:../audit:../workflow') in /opt/lampp/htdocs/original/original/includes/include.general .inc on line 26
Re: radicore on edubuntu [message #1120 is a reply to message #1119] Thu, 04 October 2007 04:10 Go to previous message
Have you followed the installation instructions and renamed file CONFIG.INC.DEFAULT to CONFIG.INC? You must also modify the contents of this file to reflect your configuration parameters.

Previous Topic: PROBLEM AT LOGIN PAGE
Next Topic: Log In Problem?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:33:33 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03273 seconds