Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Log In Problem?
gandrews is currently offline  gandrews
I am just getting started, and get the following error when going to the logon link from the main page. I have most likely configured something incorrectly, but don't know how to determine the source of this error:

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.
Re: Log In Problem? [message #1131 is a reply to message #1130] Thu, 18 October 2007 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
That sounds like an error with your Apache configuration. Can you at least run a script containing phpinfo()?

Re: Log In Problem? [message #1132 is a reply to message #1131] Thu, 18 October 2007 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My phpinfo is attached.
  • Attachment: phpinfo.html
    (Size: 40.77KB, Downloaded 1057 times)
Re: Log In Problem? [message #1133 is a reply to message #1132] Thu, 18 October 2007 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At least that proves that your Apache installation is OK and that PHP scripts can be run as expected.

As for your error with the Radicore login screen I'm afraid the error message you have given me ("Internal Server Error") does not provide any clues. Can you step through with your debugger to see where it is falling over?

Re: Log In Problem? [message #1134 is a reply to message #1133] Thu, 18 October 2007 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a Python/C++ developer and new to PHP. How do I bring up the PHP debugger or set a break point in the file?
Re: Log In Problem? [message #1135 is a reply to message #1134] Thu, 18 October 2007 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Google for "php debugger" and you will see lots of options. Some IDE's come with a debugger built in (like Zend Studio) but they are not all free.

Re: Log In Problem? [message #1136 is a reply to message #1135] Fri, 19 October 2007 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After finally getting a debugger to work, it appears to be dying on the first require statement:

require 'include.general.inc';

Running phpinfo(), my include path is set to:
.;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\radicore\includes;W:\HTDOCS\INCL UDES

Do I need to set some other include path to pick up this file? Do I need to escape the spaces in the path or something along those lines.

Re: Log In Problem? [message #1137 is a reply to message #1136] Fri, 19 October 2007 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you read the installation instructions at http://www.radicore.org/installation.php you should see what needs to be done. You need to identify in the htaccess file exactly where the 'includes' directory resides on your machine. There is only one 'includes' directory, therefore you need only one path name.

Re: Log In Problem? [message #1138 is a reply to message #1137] Fri, 19 October 2007 18:02 Go to previous message
You should also have the following settings in your php.ini file so that errors such as these will be reported correctly instead of hidden from view.

error_reporting = E_ALL
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On
log_errors = On
error_log = C:/phperror.log [set this pathname as necessary]

Previous Topic: radicore on edubuntu
Next Topic: 500 Server Error (Permission on 755)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:43:48 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03311 seconds