Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Demonstration Data
Demonstration Data [message #1180] Tue, 04 December 2007 13:57 Go to next message
alrobertson is currently offline  alrobertson
Can you suggest a way to have an alternate set of data that users can use for learning and trying out features without working with the real database. I realize I can put a copy of the whole application on a different server but that is not very practical in my situation. I don't mind making a complete different copy of the radicore directory but it seems that would not get me anywhere since it is still looking at the same mySQL database. I want it to use the normal menu database including the normal tasks but different application data. I was wondering if I could redefine the subsystem to point a the normal application directory but a different database but if so, how would the user select that at runtime? Any suggestions?

[Updated on: Tue, 04 December 2007 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Demonstration Data [message #1182 is a reply to message #1180] Wed, 05 December 2007 05:06 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
It is not possible to access both a 'test' and 'live' environment through the same URL, so you will have to set up a different one for each. It would then be possible to detect the server name through which the application is being accessed, and you could set $GLOBALS['dbprefix'] to include a prefix on all database names (such as 'test_', for example). This would then enable you to keep the 'test' database(s) separate from the 'live' ones.

Previous Topic: selection remaining
Next Topic: logon.xsl questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:20:56 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01068 seconds