Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Redirect or Link
Redirect or Link [message #1190] Fri, 14 December 2007 13:58 Go to next message
danpoleary is currently offline  danpoleary
Hello,

A new one I think. I have a table that lists various sources of files, I want to enable a user to select one record, and click on a button that will redirect/or popup another window to the source selected.

Could I use filedownload to do this, or use the "other" pattern?

Thanks,

Dan
Re: Redirect or Link [message #1218 is a reply to message #1190] Sun, 13 January 2008 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Filedownload is the only option at present. Listing source code is not a standard feature of business applications.

Re: Redirect or Link [message #1224 is a reply to message #1218] Tue, 15 January 2008 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could always create a separate enquiry screen which contains just a single field as a multil-line textbox control, and in the _cm_post_getData method populate this field with the source of the seleced file.

Re: Redirect or Link [message #1239 is a reply to message #1224] Fri, 18 January 2008 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danpoleary is currently offline  danpoleary
Hi Tony,

Sorry about that, I have been a bit behind. I am not trying to display source code. Sorry about confusion.

The table is a list of url's to which we publish files/documents. We want to provide the ability for the administrator to click on this URL, so that they can confirm that all the files they selected to be published, in fact are.

Thanks,

dan

Re: Redirect or Link [message #1240 is a reply to message #1239] Fri, 18 January 2008 19:43 Go to previous message
With Radicore you would select from a list of entries, then press a navigation button which would activate another task. This other task could then update the database for every selected entry. What update it would perform would be entirely up to you.

Previous Topic: descending sort order
Next Topic: Insert Multiple, Delete Multiple and parent keys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:44:16 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03192 seconds