Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Transaction Patterns » PDF Report
PDF Report [message #1241] Fri, 25 January 2008 10:07 Go to next message
lyndonj is currently offline  lyndonj
Hi, I need to report events by year and month with totals of attendees etc for each month and year. What are the options for doing this?

Thanks

Lyndon
Re: PDF Report [message #1242 is a reply to message #1241] Fri, 25 January 2008 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you want one record per page then use Output 3 - PDF (detail view).

I you want multiple records per page then use Output 2 - PDF (list view). This is a simple "read a record then print a line" process. There is the option to include a line of accumulated totals at the bottom of the page, as shown in http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/output-to-pdf.html#exam ple.list.view.totals.

If you want subtotals in the body of the report there is no standard option for that. It sounds like you might have to create a temporary table with the subtotals in it, then process the contents of that temporary table.

If this is unsatisfactory then you will have to send me your database schema with some test data, and a sample of what you want the data to look like so that I can play around with the code.

Re: PDF Report [message #1243 is a reply to message #1241] Fri, 25 January 2008 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes its a detail list with group header and totals for month and year I was after.

Jan
Event 1: 20
Event 2: 25
Event 3: 50
Totals Jan: 95

Feb
Event 4: 30
Event 5: 55
Event 6: 45
Totals Feb: 130
etc
Total 2008: 225

Total 2007:
etc
(with more totals and calculated fields (e.g. income by event, month, year). Although the application has many tables the report data is in a single table: date, event, number of attendees etc.
Using a temp table as you suggest would allow me to put the monthly subtotals in a separate report for each year (with yr total) which might be acceptable to the users. Otherwise I could maybe use a separate reporting application
Thanks
Lyndon

Re: PDF Report [message #1244 is a reply to message #1243] Sat, 26 January 2008 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The way that the PDF list report works currently is a simple "read a row, print a row", but to handle situations like this it sounds like you want the ability to have a "pre_print" and "post_print" function with which you can supply any number of other rows for printing. I will work on this and see if I can include it in the next release.

Re: PDF Report [message #1245 is a reply to message #1244] Sat, 26 January 2008 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. That sounds like an excellent solution.
Lyndon
Re: PDF Report [message #1953 is a reply to message #1245] Fri, 20 February 2009 11:40 Go to previous message
The ability to print subtotals (or any other data for that matter) either before or after the current row has been added to the PDF library - please refer to List View with Line Breaks.

Previous Topic: List2 with multiple parent relations to the same table
Next Topic: Search and List ideas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:45:55 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01139 seconds