Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » unable to logon
unable to logon [message #79] Fri, 16 June 2006 13:16 Go to next message
amrahsjar is currently offline  amrahsjar
Hi,

I have xampp installed on Windows XP professional. Followed installations instructions to T and got to the logon page. When I try to logon with user name 'mgr' and password 'password' I land back on to logon page. Sad

please help.

Thank you,

Raj
Re: unable to logon [message #80 is a reply to message #79] Fri, 16 June 2006 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Do you see an error message? Have you loaded the contents of radicore/menu/sql/mysql/menu_user.sql into your copy of the menu database? If that table is empty then there is nothing to validate against.

Re: unable to logon [message #82 is a reply to message #80] Fri, 16 June 2006 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatworthy is currently offline  chatworthy
AJM wrote on Fri, 16 June 2006 10:51

Do you see an error message? Have you loaded the contents of radicore/menu/sql/mysql/menu_user.sql into your copy of the menu database? If that table is empty then there is nothing to validate against.

I have a very similar setup (WAMP on XP Pro) and the same problem. I have installed all data into the database, including the contents of menu_user.sql.

If I put in MGR/password it just recycles to a blank login screen. I know it's doing something because the elapsed time updates.

If I put in a known bad username/password or MGR/badpassword I get a security violation, which is expected.

I'll try this on a different installation over the weekend.
Re: unable to logon [message #83 is a reply to message #80] Sat, 17 June 2006 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amrahsjar is currently offline  amrahsjar
Yes .. I verify: I have a database named 'menu' containing a table 'mnu_user' which has a user 'MGR'. In fact, I followed and verified each step given in installation guide except for step five, i.e., change permissions for directories to have write access. I left this out because I am running Apache on Windows XP. Please advise.
Re: unable to logon [message #84 is a reply to message #83] Sat, 17 June 2006 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you step through with a debugger to see where it is failing? I cannot reproduce this error on either of my two PC's, so without other information I am stumped.

Re: unable to logon [message #93 is a reply to message #79] Wed, 21 June 2006 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
My version of this problem was because I had run menu/sql/mysql/menu-data.sql but had not run menu/sql/mysql/menu_user.sql. The first sets up the menu system, the second adds the users. The installation instructions do not appear to refer to this second file.

HTH

David Lee
Re: unable to logon [message #97 is a reply to message #93] Wed, 21 June 2006 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you lok at step (4) in http://localhost/radicore_org/installation.php you will see that it does actually refer to file menu-user.sql
Quote:

Note also that the contents of radicore/menu/sql/mysql/menu-user.sql needs to be loaded only once. After this point the contents of radicore/menu/sql/mysql/menu-data.sql can be reloaded without overwriting any user details.

Re: unable to logon [message #111 is a reply to message #79] Fri, 23 June 2006 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
Looks like a typo has crept in, at least in version 1.9.0, swapping between a "-" and a "_"
menu_user.sql is the file
menu-user.sql in the documentation

Enough to stop a computer finding menu_user.sql in the documentation!
To be consistent with other file names, I think menu-user.sql is better. (Maybe it has already changed on 1.10.0)
Re: unable to logon [message #112 is a reply to message #111] Fri, 23 June 2006 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right. I shall change the file name from "mnu_user.sql" to "mnu-user.sql" to be more consistent.

Re: unable to logon [message #114 is a reply to message #111] Fri, 23 June 2006 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatworthy is currently offline  chatworthy
Follow-up to last week:

I installed Radicore on my Mac and once configured I had no problem logging in. On the PC, I was using the WAMP all-in-one Apache/PHP/MySQL server. I upgraded that server on the PC, and now I can log in.

Re: unable to logon [message #115 is a reply to message #114] Sat, 24 June 2006 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good news. Now you can play with it. Have fun!

Re: unable to logon [message #258 is a reply to message #79] Mon, 28 August 2006 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
popcho is currently offline  popcho
I found out that the program can't read data about previous session and every time creates a new one thus nullify the POST array where are the username and pass stored. Why this happens?
Re: unable to logon [message #259 is a reply to message #258] Mon, 28 August 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot tell what is happening from your description as the fault does not occur on any of my installations. Can you step through with a debugger to see where it is failing? As the session data is recorded in the database there is either a problem writing the session record or reading it back again.

Re: unable to logon [message #260 is a reply to message #79] Tue, 29 August 2006 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
popcho is currently offline  popcho
I'm not sure but I think it can't read the cookie where is the session id stored. The cookie is created but when the program starts there is nothing about it in the COOKIE array so every time the scrpt runs it creates a new session id. I don't know if it's something in my php settings. If you have any idea why is this happening please help.
Re: unable to logon [message #261 is a reply to message #260] Tue, 29 August 2006 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you look at the installation instructions they tell you about the htaccess file (delivered as htaccess.txt) which contains PHP directives to override any settings which may exist in your php.ini file. Please enable this htaccess file so that those directives become effective.

Re: unable to logon [message #462 is a reply to message #261] Thu, 14 December 2006 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niel is currently offline  niel
I am getting this cycling through the logon page also. However it only affects my Opera browser. I had similar problems on the website trying to download the radicore zip file. In the end I tried using IE and this worked.
I believe the problem is connected with the way sessions are handled. With Opera, the URI after login is truncated to " http://test.planescape.home/radicore/menu/logon.php?session_ name=menu0" instead of " http://test.planescape.home/radicore/menu/menu.php?session_n ame=menu0&selection=main_menu" seen in IE. I have no idea why or even how this can be happening!
I hope this is solvable, as all my web sites have to work on Opera and Firefox as well as the ubiquitous IE.
Re: unable to logon [message #463 is a reply to message #462] Thu, 14 December 2006 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tested Radicore with IE6, IE7, Opera and Firefox, and I cannot reproduce this problem. Can you step through with your debugger to see where it is failing?

Re: unable to logon [message #464 is a reply to message #463] Thu, 14 December 2006 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
niel is currently offline  niel
AJM wrote on Thu, 14 December 2006 11:42

I have tested Radicore with IE6, IE7, Opera and Firefox, and I cannot reproduce this problem. Can you step through with your debugger to see where it is failing?

Short answer is no.

Started it up to debug and it won't go wrong again. Even after closing the debugger and returning to Opera it's working fine now.
Re: unable to logon [message #465 is a reply to message #464] Thu, 14 December 2006 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't it so-o-o-o frustrating when a bug appears, but disappears as soon as you fire up the debugger! Confused

At least it is now working for you, which is a good thing. Very Happy

Re: unable to logon [message #847 is a reply to message #79] Fri, 25 May 2007 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpscdave is currently offline  cpscdave
Hi not sure if this is relevant to anyone else.

But I have a bug/bad setting or something on my desktop that causes my broswers to reject ALL cookies from websites. I know this cause I cannot stay logged into any forums on my desktop. (and other issues)

I just spent 2+ hours trying to fix this exact same problem. Never clued in that my computer issue could be a cause untill I read this thread and it dawned on me.

Sure enough I removed all my debuging and tried to log in remotly from another computer and worked first time.

So I would suggest to anyone who has behaviour like this to as a first step try logging in from another computer Very Happy
Re: unable to logon [message #1233 is a reply to message #79] Wed, 16 January 2008 21:26 Go to previous message
jskillings07 is currently offline  jskillings07
I had similar problems while running on localhost. Here is how I solved it.

1) Configured the browser to allow Session Cookies.

2) Shutdown the ZoneAlarm.
Previous Topic: Problem with IIS
Next Topic: unable to import MENU database in mysql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:04:45 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01633 seconds