Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » Settings - how to store in the best way?
Settings - how to store in the best way? [message #7737] Fri, 03 June 2022 04:31 Go to next message
htManager is currently offline  htManager
Hi Tony, I want to ask your advice.

How do you handle various settings for reports, screens etc. I very often have to determine what is shown in the reports, screens, etc. For example the date or period from until the date or period to. I could make this with hard coding in the controller script or the class file. But this wouldn't be very convenient.

My current solution would be that I create a table with various dummies, where I could insert the needed values.

Example structure for such a table:

description (var 255)
field_label_1 (var 50)
field_var_1 (var 50)
field_label_11 (var 50)
field_int_1 (int 10)

Would this be practicable or do you have a better solution?
Re: Settings - how to store in the best way? [message #7739 is a reply to message #7737] Fri, 03 June 2022 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Take a look at A flexible method of storing control data. I use this method quite a lot in my main ERP application, so I know how useful it is.

Re: Settings - how to store in the best way? [message #7741 is a reply to message #7739] Tue, 07 June 2022 04:31 Go to previous message
htManager is currently offline  htManager
Thank you. It is exactly what I was looking for. I will try to implement it in my application.
Previous Topic: php 8.0 compatability?
Next Topic: Output/open stored pdf-file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:25:30 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00966 seconds