Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » How to make enquire 1 show child records in many to many relationship
How to make enquire 1 show child records in many to many relationship [message #1469] Tue, 15 July 2008 08:53 Go to next message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
I have three tables:
team
player
team_player_xref (as one player can play in many teams)

I'd like to know if it's possible that when the user clicks the 'read' button on a list 1 transaction for table 'teams', it displays all the players in that team.

I use a link 1 for adding players.

I've tried a list 2 transaction, but then it only shows the data of team_player_xref which is basically a team_id and a player_id.

Any ideas?
Re: How to make enquire 1 show child records in many to many relationship [message #1509 is a reply to message #1469] Fri, 18 July 2008 07:10 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you are in a LIST1 transaction for table 'team', and you want a navigation button which will show all players within that team, then you must construct a LIST2 transaction which has 'team' as the outer entity and 'team_player_xref' as the inner entity. If you have defined a relationship between 'team_player_xref' and 'player' then you can automatically JOIN to the 'player' table to obtain the player's name.

Look in the Example application at 'List Option for a Selected Person' for a working example.

Previous Topic: How ro remove the 'page created in' message
Next Topic: Display lookup values in list1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:43:47 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00917 seconds